Search forum for films and TV

Danny McG

"Uroshnor!"
I've noticed scattered throughout the posts in Film forum are various requests in search of titles.
Does anyone think it would be useful for a Forum sub section to post such questions?
Similar to Book Search but obviously a Film & TV Search.

I think 'trivia heads' like myself would love such a forum.

EDIT. bugger, should have set a poll up before posting

It's an interesting thought - thanks for suggesting it. :)

I honestly don't know how common they are - I know we do get a few every now and then but my perception is that we might have only seen a couple of dozen at most over the past 15 years. If that's the case, then I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have such a slow-moving forum.

However, if I've completely misjudged, then I need to reconsider. :)

Well, it may have changed, but those 'What's that film or series' questions were always very much less common than they were in the Books forum. So, when I created the Book Search forum it wasn't necessary to do so in Films. I did create a thread for film queries, which if it has now dropped down the forum list would tend to prove that point.

The other point is that almost every SFF film already has a thread of its own. The Film forum from AScFi was set up that way and several people were tasked with creating film threads and writing reviews of each - which is why many are started by myself. That doesn't apply to TV shows although there was a Chronicles member who did a very good job of trying called @The Master™