(Found) Looking for a book

Sonny45456

Hi, my name is sonny. Back around 1993 , I read a book . I can remember the tittle or the author. It’s driving me crazy. The plot of the book goes ...
Future society is separated into two groups. The educated and the military. There is social unrest. Then a revolt . At the end of the revolt the protagonist finds it dummy that people are waiting in line for a ( state sanctioned) drink that , before the revolt every one hated. The protagonist is long suffering. He wanted to be promoted but never was . At least not until the revolt . During the revolt he was promoted . He declined the promotion. There was also a oak tree that represented the primary college of the elites. A huge old tree. Before the revolt someone “ ringed” the tree. The book seems to be written during the fifty’s or sixties.

Last edited:
Was the drink called 'Moke' ?
I can’t remember the name of the drink. What stuck with me was how the people waited in line to get the reviled drink. If I remember the drink was a simple of the states
Inability to do things.

I can’t remember the name of the drink. What stuck with me was how the people waited in line to get the reviled drink. If I remember the drink was a simple of the states
Inability to do things.
Found - the book is ‘ The Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut. my name is sonny. Back around 1993 , I read a book . I can remember the tittle or the author. It’s driving me crazy. The plot of the book goes ...
Future society is separated into two groups. The educated and the military. There is social unrest. Then a revolt . At the end of the revolt the protagonist finds it dummy that people are waiting in line for a ( state sanctioned) drink that , before the revolt every one hated. The protagonist is long suffering. He wanted to be promoted but never was . At least not until the revolt . During the revolt he was promoted . He declined the promotion. There was also a oak tree that represented the primary college of the elites. A huge old tree. Before the revolt someone “ ringed” the tree. The book seems to be written during the fifty’s or sixties.