Disney to reboot Alien Franchise

Talking of alien crossovers did anyone ever read the Superman / Alien crossover? What a cop out of an ending that was.

Ive seen that one . Also Batman vs Alien, Batman vs Predator , Judge Dredd vs Alien.

Some years back , they did Tarzan vs Predator and I think it took place in Pelucidar.

I think I had the batman ones but I don’t remember the stories. I didn’t see the Judge Dredd one but I did have the batman / Dredd crossovers, but that is going off topic.

Thankfully a LOT of comic crossovers are often "just for fun" stories. There's only a few that tend to carry them forward into the main time-lines and most of them are DC/Marvel superhero situations. It was a remarked upon oddity when Dynamite carried over one of the big cross-over comic series for Red Sonja a while back; but then again I think that once Dynamite completed their big story arc for Sonja they kind of lost the idea of what to do with her and they've sort of floundered with stories since. Getting more focused on her arch nemesis as the only big-evil in the world and further from the Hyborean age and adventuring. Heck the last series has her thrown into modern times.

It's a shame because the original Conan showed that you can do LOADS of adventuring without having to save the entire world and always having to face the same "big evil" etc..

If we're talking crossovers, I'd like to promote my idea for a mix-up in an elevator leading Tony Stark's replacement as Iron Man (he's on holiday) being Mr. Bean rather than Sean Bean [who, shockingly, gets killed off early on]. Cue a fortnight of Iron Bean.

I am still sniggering over here after a couple of days. GAWDDAMMIT!

Thankfully a LOT of comic crossovers are often "just for fun" stories. There's only a few that tend to carry them forward into the main time-lines and most of them are DC/Marvel superhero situations. It was a remarked upon oddity when Dynamite carried over one of the big cross-over comic series for Red Sonja a while back; but then again I think that once Dynamite completed their big story arc for Sonja they kind of lost the idea of what to do with her and they've sort of floundered with stories since. Getting more focused on her arch nemesis as the only big-evil in the world and further from the Hyborean age and adventuring. Heck the last series has her thrown into modern times.

It's a shame because the original Conan showed that you can do LOADS of adventuring without having to save the entire world and always having to face the same "big evil" etc..

Getting a bit further off topic but somewhat related There was What if Conan The Barbarian Walked the Earth today comic .

Ive seen that one . Also Batman vs Alien, Batman vs Predator , Judge Dredd vs Alien.

Some years back , they did Tarzan vs Predator and I think it took place in Pelucidar.
I've said this before but the Alien/Predator/Terminator comic crossover looked like a lot of fun.

I've always thought that the best way to end the original "Alien" film was to have Ripley dispatch the creature out the airlock as in the original.
Then while preparing for cold sleep she opens a storage locker only to come face to face with a mature egg, the last shot would be the face hugger leaping at her!
P.S. Scientifically speaking, how the hell does some thing grow from a the size of a face hugger to a fully mature alien creature, all seven of feet tall, in a matter of mere hours, with no food intake, the material and energy must come from somewhere, including the air that we breath we literally are what we eat!!!
P.P.S. Crossovers do sound like fun, look forward to Batman, Judge Dredd or Sherlock Holmes, how about a Star Trek one, would love to see Data wrestling with it lol!

I've always thought that the best way to end the original "Alien" film was to have Ripley dispatch the creature out the airlock as in the original.
Then while preparing for cold sleep she opens a storage locker only to come face to face with a mature egg, the last shot would be the face hugger leaping at her!
P.S. Scientifically speaking, how the hell does some thing grow from a the size of a face hugger to a fully mature alien creature, all seven of feet tall, in a matter of mere hours, with no food intake, the material and energy must come from somewhere, including the air that we breath we literally are what we eat!!!
P.P.S. Crossovers do sound like fun, look forward to Batman, Judge Dredd or Sherlock Holmes, how about a Star Trek one, would love to see Data wrestling with it lol!

When Ridley Scott made Alien he actually made some sense...in that he envisioned the Alien as a biological weapon. So essentially, weird alien genetic tech makes the alien grow very fast.

In fact he reasoned that something growing that fast would be constantly in pain - therefore angry, aggressive and pissed off. And that it's skin would be a huge bruise, hence the choice of colour.

Yeah, still not too believable...but he had clearly put a lot of extra thought into it.

I know it had to be compressed for the time in the film, but I always felt that the incubation period should have been longer. Kane should have lived and wasted away a bit before the creature burst forth. Then it would have the energy it needed to grow to such a size. Well, more anyhow.

I finnaly got to se Alien Covenant On tv, Im glad I missed it at the theaters.

So essentially, weird alien genetic tech makes the alien grow very fast.

But it would still need to get its mass from somewhere, and that would mean lots of food, unless it was doing some kind of photosynthesis-type thing. (Though obviously not that, because there was hardly any light). Was there a cut scene where the crew open the food store and find all the catering tins of baked beans ripped open and empty?

That, and the far-future computer that printed out one character at a time on the screen, were the things that dent believability for me.

The Bluestocking, I think it'd be genuinely hilarious. But will never happen. A man can dream, though.

I imagine a little suit of his own for Teddy.

If it's tissue was compressed then surely it would weigh a ton, in which case John Hurt would probably not be able to breath, let alone move around!

REF: BAYLOR.
Look out it's Conan The Liberian, head Liberian looks down at headless body, looks up at Conan and says "Why the hell did you do that?" .
Conan with bloody sword in one hand and head in other says, "Because his book return was three weeks overdue"!

But it would still need to get its mass from somewhere, and that would mean lots of food, unless it was doing some kind of photosynthesis-type thing. (Though obviously not that, because there was hardly any light). Was there a cut scene where the crew open the food store and find all the catering tins of baked beans ripped open and empty?

That, and the far-future computer that printed out one character at a time on the screen, were the things that dent believability for me.
Maybe it could process any old hydrocarbons, like machine oil (the nostromo seemed to be an industrial wasteland paradise) and use them to grow. Lots of animals here on earth eat things we can't digest.

Its body had to be able to protect itself against it's own blood so maybe it would chomp down on weird stuff as well.

So TL;DR being a 'perfect weapon' it would be capable of finding *any* source of 'food' - whatever is at hand - and use that.

Anyway I'm hand waving. The movie would have been different if we had to wait years for it grow up. :)

I liked the computer. When Scott went back to Prometheus he had a ship that was miles ahead of Nostromo despite being older. That was jarring.

But today it would be a ten-season TV show, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Alien: the wonder years.

Followed by "Teen Alien" including the hilarious episode where poor alien manages to massacre everyone at his senior prom. Silly-Billy.

Actually, come to think of it, didn't the Addams Family have a chest burster as a house pet. Disguised as a hand of course.

I fear that in 10 years time if I tell anybody under 35 that Alien and Aliens are amongst my favourite films, they will look at me incredulously as if I am talking about one of these surely horrible reboots.

Actually an Alien TV series could be interesting. But an inferior film copy, no. Of course there is potential, but I don't think the new effects will add much and I doubt they will replicate the grittiness of the places and the realism of the characters. Prometheus already was a kind of failed reboot.
If they use top artists it could look good, like with the concept art that was revealed for a potential film a couple of years ago.