What have I been up to?

There are fires in pretty much every direction from where I live, Parson. Most of them too far away to be a threat to us at this point—though it is impossible to estimate the number of people who will be losing their homes before there is any chance of putting those fires out. Fortunately, the Bay is between us and the large fires to the west, but there is a big one roughly to the southeast of us that is steadily creeping closer. And more of the dry lightning that set all of these blazing is expected this evening: which means that it is impossible to say where, if anywhere, the next threat could develop.

Sorry to hear this. I'm remembering you and yours particularly in my prayers.

The last three years, and especially this last year, have been difficult, in so many ways. It's a long, dreary saga, which I don't feel like going into right now, especially since I have some good news to share.

It looks like the audio book for Hobgoblin Night is back in production. The producer/narrator who narrated Goblin Moon contacted me this week. While I was going through my dark period she was going through a difficult period of her own, so without making any decision to do so we let the project lapse. But then we both independently (since we hadn't been in contact) but more or less simultaneously, decided it was time to get back to work on some of the things we had let slide.

So I am not yet sure when it will be ready to go, but soon, I hope.

The last three years, and especially this last year, have been difficult, in so many ways. It's a long, dreary saga, which I don't feel like going into right now, especially since I have some good news to share.

It looks like the audio book for Hobgoblin Night is back in production. The producer/narrator who narrated Goblin Moon contacted me this week. While I was going through my dark period she was going through a difficult period of her own, so without making any decision to do so we let the project lapse. But then we both independently (since we hadn't been in contact) but more or less simultaneously, decided it was time to get back to work on some of the things we had let slide.

So I am not yet sure when it will be ready to go, but soon, I hope.
Congratulations. It's hard to get started again when you're being drained by hard times.

Yes, drained is exactly the word. Although my struggles with depression go way back, the pandemic and all the rest of it have made it all that much worse.

Your books are rare, I never find them, so please get them back out there! * )
I agree whole heartedly!! I fell in love with the Green Lion Trilogy. it took me almost 2 decades before I was able to find the last 2 books. I came across them in a used bookstore in Wichita Kansas out of pure luck. my mother had the first book in her collection of books. I read that one along with one of my best friends. Only to find out that she didn't have the other two books. I searched our local libraries unsuccessfully, and found out it was out of print.
I asked my mom about why she only had the one book. She then told me that she had never been able to read it because the print was too small for her to read.
So it was one of the most joyous days of my life when I found those other two books. The store actually had a few of your other books, which I snagged without hesitation.
I was pregnant with my oldest son at the time. I was able to use Amazon and found some copies for sale by individuals. Even though I hadn't been able to see my best friend in person for many years, I bought the trilogy and sent them to her.
Thank you very much for all of your writing.
"Child of Saturn" was how I truly became an avid reader of fantasy.
So please, do not hesitate. I would love to have an audio version listen to at anytime.
One of my goals though, is to have all of your books (printed versions, not just Kindle or audio) in my collection.
I know this thread was started a long time ago; I just found it tonight.
I still wanted to let you know that you're amazing and you've brought joy to my life and others around me too.

I agree whole heartedly!! I fell in love with the Green Lion Trilogy. it took me almost 2 decades before I was able to find the last 2 books. I came across them in a used bookstore in Wichita Kansas out of pure luck. my mother had the first book in her collection of books. I read that one along with one of my best friends. Only to find out that she didn't have the other two books. I searched our local libraries unsuccessfully, and found out it was out of print.
I asked my mom about why she only had the one book. She then told me that she had never been able to read it because the print was too small for her to read.
So it was one of the most joyous days of my life when I found those other two books. The store actually had a few of your other books, which I snagged without hesitation.
I was pregnant with my oldest son at the time. I was able to use Amazon and found some copies for sale by individuals. Even though I hadn't been able to see my best friend in person for many years, I bought the trilogy and sent them to her.
Thank you very much for all of your writing.
"Child of Saturn" was how I truly became an avid reader of fantasy.
So please, do not hesitate. I would love to have an audio version listen to at anytime.
One of my goals though, is to have all of your books (printed versions, not just Kindle or audio) in my collection.
I know this thread was started a long time ago; I just found it tonight.
I still wanted to let you know that you're amazing and you've brought joy to my life and others around me too.

@Teresa Edgerton this note made me think you should print it out and frame it. It's such a wonderful expression of gratitude.

Back