Was Inish Carraig set on Rathlin Island?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Just watched Martin Clunes "Islands of Britain" series Islands of Britain (TV series) - Wikipedia

... and noticed in episode 2 he went to an island just off Northern Ireland called Rathlin: Rathlin Island - Wikipedia

I had a funny feeling this was the setting for Inish Carraig, so I paid particular attention.

However, was I correct or mistaken? :)

Just watched Martin Clunes "Islands of Britain" series Islands of Britain (TV series) - Wikipedia

... and noticed in episode 2 he went to an island just off Northern Ireland called Rathlin: Rathlin Island - Wikipedia

I had a funny feeling this was the setting for Inish Carraig, so I paid particular attention.

However, was I correct or mistaken? :)
I have literally just seen this. Yes, Rathlin is the setting for the Inish Carraig of the book - the lighthouse and harbour are mentioned in it. I was actually due to go to the Rathlin festival this year to do a talk on islands in Science fiction but it got Covid-Ed - and that would have been my first trip onto the actual island, although I’ve been to Ballycastle where the ferry departs from a lot. I didn’t go over as I had flattened it for the book and didn’t need to see the actual terrain. :D

Hey Brian, have you ever been to Carrick-a-Rede over near Ballintoy?
I love that place. I've wanted to go to Rathlin Island for years, but haven't ever found the time.