Netflix Kingdom

I have totally forgotten to update this thread. Apologies. Thousand apologies.
Part historical political drama, part supernatural zombie horror, the South Korean series Kingdom proved to be a smart, heady, addictive delight when it debuted last year, easily earning a spot on our year's best list for 2019. It boasted stunning visuals, memorable characters, and a juggernaut of a plot, with the occasional moments of comic relief. If anything, S2 is even better. Honestly, between this outstanding series and the Oscar-winning Parasite alone, South Korea has firmly established itself at the forefront of global film and television.

I don't agree with the relevance bit, because personally I don't think anyone need to be reminded about breaking the protocol and leaving the quarantine zone. Anywhere. But in the Kingdom, it is the disease that breaks the quarantine. In fact, there is a very little people can do to stop it and it is not because the lack of effort. The Kingdom people try their absolute best to contain and overcome the situation, in some cases quite cleverly, but in the second season, you're not going to see massive amount of dead people. Not until the end of the season.

In the second season, the story focuses more on the human aspect than allowing dead to spread everywhere. You will get to see the central figures, the nurse, the prince and the fool battling against the odds that feel too much. Unlike with the corona, there is no containment method. Not until later episodes and even then it's questionable at best.

I was surprised to learn that submerging in the water cured people. My rational brain explains it by claiming it is the parasite worms need to breath that ends up as their death. What I don't get is why the worms don't die from blood, but from water. Any water. So, why is that blood, which is part of water, doesn't do the same thing?

Is there something in blood that enables the parasites to live? The whole necromorphosis has problem areas. A logical pitfalls. Stuff that doesn't make much of sense, but can be ignored if you turn off your sense of disbelief. If you do that, a wonderful show emerges. Then there is the other thing, the princess. We know that she willingly let the dead to consume her, and she was showed having extensive wounds when she charged to the reservoir and got trapped in the good stuff.

The most interesting part is that she escaped her death, was never recovered and then she went to North to turn whole thing around. Maybe the absolute best part is that she found a way to make the dead even more frightening than before by simply attaching bells to the dead. What a marvellous idea.

Well done. So, let's say she conquers the south and then move to China. There is nothing they can do to in China to stop the avalanche. The only way to stop them is a moat, and if the princess figures out to coat her dead with mud, that might not work either, making the states and the islands the only places to be able to escape the apocalypse. Then they only need to stick around forty years for the princess to die of old age, and things can be turned around.

Except in the land of the fantasy the dead live forever, because reasons. :cool:

There were several very sweet moments and it was shame that we only got six episodes. We could have used six more. And I know for the fact that Koreans can also use filler episodes, just like rest of us. I personally would like to have seen them trying to contain and overcome the situation at the coast. Observe them more then just giving us a glimpse of the solution until it was exposed.

I get that the pacing had to be consistent and super fast, but the only reason to use extensions is to flesh out character. To give them and their relationships more meat, and therefore making their deaths to be painful. At the moment, everyone passes too swiftly without allowing much room for the characters to live. In the TWD, because of the long relationships, the character deaths are something that drives the audience mental, while in the Kingdom, you don't have that connection as everything has been so fast.

So here's my question to you, how did the fool survive?

I started watching this last night. It's well made, but I'm halfway through the second episode and so far it's been light on plot and heavy on people being attacked by zombies. I'm not a fan of the zombie genre, but I'm not averse to it if there are other interesting elements. Is this worth sticking with? Does it get much more complex?

I'm not a fan of the zombie genre, but I'm not averse to it if there are other interesting elements. Is this worth sticking with? Does it get much more complex?

It surprised me with the quality and certain things remains the same throughout the first season. Next one removes alot of the slapstick humour and deepens the lore. What are you looking into seeing?

I started watching this last night. It's well made, but I'm halfway through the second episode and so far it's been light on plot and heavy on people being attacked by zombies. I'm not a fan of the zombie genre, but I'm not averse to it if there are other interesting elements. Is this worth sticking with? Does it get much more complex?

Yes it is. Just you wait for ALL the twists!

Netflix United Kingdom – Watch TV Programmes Online, Watch Films Online

That is a direct link to Kingdom: Ashin of the North. It is a special, movie length episode that deals according to the synopsis with: "Tragedy, Betrayal and a Mysterious discovery that fuels a woman's vengeance for the loss of her tribe and family."

Instead of continuing from the cliffhanger, it shows why the North has fallen. The whole plot behind it is interesting and at the heart is the premise that the secrets kill people. Hideous ones a great number of them.

Back