Looking for YA sci-fi/dystopian book written in the late 80s/early 90s

H0use0fPwncakes

I read this in middle school, which was 96-99, in the school library. It seemed like it was published no earlier than 10 years before that. There are two main teen characters and little to no one else in the book. It's a boy and a girl, and the girl's name began with N. I think she had dark curly hair. It took place on Earth but iirc, they lived in a pod or had to hide in a pod and they wore jumpsuits, I think blue. It was most likely written by an American. I remember a scene with them talking about having birth control implants that they either took out to repopulate the planet or put in so they could have sex. They didn't have any special powers, they just survived...something? and were the only people around.

Hi,

There's some inconsistencies but it sounds a little like Heinlein's Red Planet. The story's older than that, there's an alien pet and it's two boys running away from a boarding school who take shelter in a pod type plant.

Cheers, Greg.

I'm sure I've read this or similar but cant remember what it was called mind you the one I read had a shelter on each continent with one person and virtual contact with each other probably a different book altogether

Back