Netflix what’s worth watching?

Watched 2015's film The Danish Girl, an excellently biopic with outstanding acting and cinematography. Now watching Spanish mystery thriller movie The Invisible Guest (2016), looks very promising.

The Current War, decent, but not excellent, for the subject, it could have been better.

Enola Holmes
Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang

Light entertainment, suitable to watch in the summer heat.

I watched the first ep yesterday. It was ok, but then I was never really into He Man anyway.

I watched it as a kid as I was at that age. The new series looks interesting, but haven't bothered with it yet.

Might be worth it for the nostalgia. My partner used to watch He Man and he was telling me all about the toys he used to have while we were watching it.

Might be worth it for the nostalgia. My partner used to watch He Man and he was telling me all about the toys he used to have while we were watching it.

Yes the toys were great and (I think) the original show was a device for selling them. Unlike many toys of the time, He Man, Skeletor and their chums were all hardy playthings that could put up with almost any treatment.

If you haven't seen the Netflix shows 'The Toys That Made Us', I would urge you to do so - there's a He-Man/She Ra episode in there.

Shadow and Bone won'f be getting a 3rd season.

I thought The Queen's Gambit was good. Also Shadow and Bone (even if they did cancel it after two seasons), The Diplomat*, and The Dig.

And for something very light and cute, I recently watched The Sea Beast, and that was fun.
________

*Although I could have done with a lot less swearing. It seemed to me that diplomats who had to watch their words for fear of causing international incidents would NOT make a habit of using the f-word so freely. Even just doing it among people they were close to, it made it altogether more likely that they would slip up and use the word when speaking to the wrong people at the wrong time. To me, it seemed like the writers were pandering to the audience. Aside from that, I liked the story and the acting.

The Diplomat*,
________

*Although I could have done with a lot less swearing. It seemed to me that diplomats who had to watch their words for fear of causing international incidents would NOT make a habit of using the f-word so freely. Even just doing it among people they were close to, it made it altogether more likely that they would slip up and use the word when speaking to the wrong people at the wrong time. To me, it seemed like the writers were pandering to the audience. Aside from that, I liked the story and the acting.
I really liked The Diplomat but completely agree about the swearing. I just seemed illogical and a flaw in the character.

Rewatching Arcane so my wife can see it. Superb artwork animation, and though the story is set in a violent steampunk world, it manages to be inoffensive viewing. The way some of the characters grow and develop in this series is superb, and there are some shocking twists in there.

Back