Good Omens

Diehard Good Omens fans, rejoice, for the first trailer for the long-awaited TV adaptation is finally here, and it captures all the gloriously wacky irreverence that we loved about the original 1990 novel by Neil Gaiman and the late Terry Pratchett. It's the story of an angel Aziraphale (Michael Sheen) and a demon Crowley (David Tennant) who gradually become friends over the millennia and team up to avert Armageddon.

They've come to be rather fond of the Earth and all its humans, you see—not to mention the perks that come with it, like sleek electronics and quaint little restaurants where they know your name. The supernatural pair doesn't really want the Antichrist to bring an end to all of that.

Gaiman and Pratchett had long planned to adapt their beloved novel into a film, yet the project never came together. By 2011, there were rumors of a TV series in the works, but then Pratchett tragically died and Gaiman didn't want to even consider moving forward without his friend of 30 years. Pratchett himself urged him to reconsider in a letter shortly before his death. "He wrote me, 'Look, you have to do this, because you're the only person with the same passion for the old girl as I have. You can make this, and I want to watch it,'" Gaiman told Entertainment Weekly (which also offers an exclusive look at photos from the forthcoming series).

You can see something of their close friendship reflected in the trailer, which focuses predominantly on the bantering interactions between Crowley and Aziraphale. "I don't even like you!" Aziraphale declares at one point, only to have Crowley respond, "You do!"

Mostly we catch glimpses that fans of the book will recognize immediately. A young boy gets a puppy. Eve bites into an apple. Medieval villagers storm a suspected witch's cottage. A mysterious basket is carried in the dark of night. And is that a tacky spaceship straight out of a B-movie landing by the side of the road?

All in all, we can't wait for the full, six-part series to drop on Amazon Prime next year.
The first trailer for Good Omens will make you long for the end of times

Ten? I thought is was six.

My mistake. I might have overlooked it, when I went to check it at Mrs Grey's kindle and make her aware that it's out. She's bigger Practchett geek than I am. She owns all the books and their audio versions in our little family.

Favourable?

I didn't see it. I watched two and half episodes last night before I fell in sleep. There are things that I like and things I don't like. It's like a Pratchett story, where people either love it or they'll hate it.