What did you do today?

WarriorMouse

VE6 VES
I am a member of a model specific motorcycle owners club forum.(NO, not Harley Davidson)
Anyway, that forum has a thread titled "What did you do with your bike today", and I had a look here within Chrons for a similar thread but did not find one.

What did you accomplish today?
Went for a walk? Washed the dog or cat or kids or car or partner or yourself?
Wrote a sentence, a page, a chapter etc...?
What ever you did, if your pleased with it or not? leave a comment.

Today, because the weather has been so nice, I changed the oil on my motorcycle, reset the chain tension, reinstalled the exhaust, put in new gas and double checked all the previous work I had done.
Crossed my fingers and tried to fire it up. Started up after winter hibernation like a champ.:D

Was so happy about that I started on the spring time yard work.

Lol.
Woke up too early
Moved a kid out of his dorm
Bought a pair of CUTE shoes
Lurked on chrons
Teased somebody
Forgot:
Watching derby
Washing hair

Last edited:
This was yesterday but was to tired to post it.
Was up early, hooked up the Quad trailer and headed off into the back country. Cut down a truck load of dead standing lodge pole pine trees for firewood. Heating season is only 5 months away.

I contemplated that maybe every particle in the universe was actually composed of various combinations of photons and neutrinos for a premise on writing a science fiction story.

Went for a short run. Too hot for it. Emailed a couple of people on my market-the-book list. Publication day is almost here and I've actually run out of people I can think of to email.

Hence the run.

Cleaned downstairs.

I was sitting in the kitchen around a table with a small group of fellow idiots, and we were each taking a bite at the same time of hot peppers. On today's bout of stupidity, Tabasco was up first. Stunningly it ended up being the hottest by a vast margin (who'd a thunk it?) and without a doubt had an incredibly wonderful taste.

Then came Trinidad Scorpions, Carolina Reapers and finally Bhut jolokia/Ghost peppers. All three tasted awful having a very nasty pungent taste, perhaps musty. In any case, the taste was worse than the heat. Of those, the Reaper was the hottest, Scorpion second and oddly the Ghost peppers were sweet :unsure:. In any case, I think next year we're just going to do the whole crop in Tabasco. Besides being the hottest they tasted outstanding.

And yes... We all sat there to see who would get up first to finally last for relief. Maybe for more fun we should squeeze the juice in our eyes or up in out noses next time. I'll pass on that round. ;)

K2

Spent about 7 hours on the phone negotiating a contract today. Too frazzled to write.

Let's see... I fought with our former printer company over a $2,500 bill we never should have been charged for (we cancelled services in April 2017), finished my spreadsheets for the new fiscal year, identified a potential site for a mentoring program, quite a bit more paperwork, and networking with a group of businesspeople at a food bank event. Typical day in the non-profit world. Cleaning and hopefully writing tonight.

I woke up early, as usual in my old age. I asked my neighbor if I could borrow her wood splitter; because I have a couple cords of Alder, pine and fir rounds ready to split for stovewood.

Unfortunately, a rude tradesman had buried the splitter at the back of the barn behind half-a-year's supply of hay. She doesn't expect to see the splitter again until October. "No Biggie," I said, rentals are cheap and I'd rather swing an 9 pound maul than go to a gym. I like to accomplish something when I "work-out."

I need a new plan for the day, then.

We're having house guests in a couple of weeks. Elaine has been a bit fussy about having her "Door Yard" in order; meaning looking good for the Public. She's been riding me about the appearance of the entire house which had more cobwebs on it than Sleeping Beauties castle. I reply, "If this house is really Haunted; we have more to worry about than some wretched spiders."

Elaine's other interminable grouse has been about my dearly beloved Pic-a-Nick table. Thirty years ago, I built this table, from scraps from a deck project, out of OLD GROWTH REDWOOD! You can't even get the real deal anymore. Amazingly rot and bug resistant. OLD GROWTH REDWOOD is a lost treasure. This table has weathered 30 years of storms and still stands tough.

But it has lichen growing on it. I like lichen. What's not to like about lichen? Elaine unlikes lichen.

Thus, Wednesday I rented a Pressure Washer and blasted the house, the windows, the cobwebs, the patio, the birdbath, the cars and even the picnic table with torrents of water propelled at 2900 Pounds per Square inch pressure.

The house and the windows and the concrete sure looked spiffy. So did the picknick talble. Except the picnicker looked a bit shredded and sliverous, Needs work.

Meanwhile, I had bought a magnificent dining table set, about ten years ago. Solid Oak, claw feet, ornately carved chairs. Not an antique; but a fair reproduction. Over the years, a couple of the chairbacks had delaminated. The separated joints had been assembled with a straight butt-joint. A greater craftsman would have added dowel joints or biscuit joints to strengthen the lamination. We had two chairs which had broken off the tops of their backs.

Today, then, I hauled the chairs out to the shop and resurected my biscuit-joiner machine. The machine is well designed for working with flat boards; but the chairs had slipped me a curve. Literally.
chair web.jpg

The first chair took two hours to figure how to cut a biscuit joint on a curve, then I had to cut down some clamps to make them fit. One crisis after another to figure out how to make this plan work.

While the glue on the first chair was setting, I went off to tackle the pic-a-nic table. I disassembled two of the ragged seat boards, flipped them over to a smoother side. Trimmed of the ragged ends with a Skil saw, and belt sanded the whole shitterrree into submission.
table web.jpg

The other chair took 20 minutes to repair; having all the parts and details of the procedure previously figgurred.

Then Elaine came home, told me how wonderful I am. We opened the wine bottles. I cooked dinner and we smoked a joint.

Good Day!

Last edited:
Spent most of the day setting up a new HP Proliant server for a client. Updating all the usual hardware, and the Bios, then installing Windows Server 2016 Essentials and blah blah blah.

All delivered and installed just a couple of hours ago - £1250 earned for 2 days work (y)

Watched my nephew pull off a fifth place finish at the World Cup Downhill Mountain bike race in Andorra via live web cast.
When to work to do some catch up stuff.
Having got my motorcycle back from the mechanic yesterday I took it out for a good high speed run to clear out the cob webs. Ran fantastic!
IMG_2265.JPG