DISCUSSION — May 2018 75-Word Writing Challenge

I'm in. Been thinking about this for a few days. I was trying to combine one of my favourite weird fiction stories with a little lesson on not to judge people on first impressions.

I'm in. Been thinking about this for a few days. I was trying to combine one of my favourite weird fiction stories with a little lesson on not to judge people on first impressions.

I agree. Having once been judged on first impression I can say that the resulting fist to the face, hurt.

Foggy Daze, @Harpo – Trapped within an eldritch mist that blocks all sunlight, the protagonist of this mysterious tale seems cursed to linger forever in the fog.

Manna, @dannymcg –Set amidst the brash, forward-thrusting times of the Victorian era, this alarming tale shows that some mysteries are best left untouched.

Inagaddadavida, @Hugh – This classic tale of an ill-fated last stand, rich with desperate heroism to the last, plays on the expectations of the reader.

In the Eye of the Beholder, @Peter V – The curse of curiousity strikes once again in this intriguing tale of fearful fairy-folk fornication.

A Parson’s Love Life, @Parson – Cupid’s aim has gone to the dogs in this bitter-sweet story of forlorn fairy fondness.

s.d. Ervin -- This meditative account of attempted simulation makes the reader ponder what makes one an individual.

chrispenycate -- This intricately crafted poem's sinuous rhythm reflects the subject of its character portrait.

Pedro Del Mar -- This evocative tale of adventure depicts mysterious wonders.

A Parson’s Love Life, @Parson – Cupid’s aim has gone to the dogs in this bitter-sweet story of forlorn fairy fondness.

Very Clever! "his aim has gone to the dogs." Thanks!

-----------

@Pedro Del Mar .... The Valley of the Veiled .... Pedro reminds us that we "should not judge a book by it's cover"ing.

@nixie .... Wedded Bliss .... Sometimes you really, really, do not want to know what lies beneath the veil because often "reality sucks."

Nixie why did you do that?! That is not a good image for someone to who does marriages to think about. But it makes for a very memorable story!

@nixie .... Wedded Bliss .... Sometimes you really, really, do not want to know what lies beneath the veil because often "reality sucks."

Nixie why did you do that?! That is not a good image for someone to who does marriages to think about. But it makes for a very memorable story!

I sat down to write one about a classroom but this took over.

s.d. Ervin -- This meditative account of attempted simulation makes the reader ponder what makes one an individual.

chrispenycate -- This intricately crafted poem's sinuous rhythm reflects the subject of its character portrait.

Pedro Del Mar -- This evocative tale of adventure depicts mysterious wonders.
Thanks, ma'am.

Many thanks for the reviews Parson, Victoria, and Shyrka.

I particularly loved your review of my story, Shyrka.

@M. Robert Gibson .... Dance Of The Seven... It is clear that M. Robert "knows too much for his own good." He has turned a biology lesson into a poem, and if I'm not crazy, it all makes a type of sense with the title and a very famous dance.

I don't know that I've ever looked up such a large percentage of words in a 75 word story. Very impressive.

@Vaz .... Dark Harbour .... A tale filled treachery, honor, murder, and compassion, which comes in "at the unbelievably low price" of 75 words.

Reactions: Vaz