What are your top five vampire films?

Phooey. I hadn't thought of Cronos. Excellent movie. Not sure which movie I'd eliminate to sub it in, though ...

Randy M.

I just finished getting up to date on the Underworld series of films. Only one respondent put them in their top five. The later ones kinda beat a dead horse, but the first one is original and well made.

There's only one vampire in it, and I am literally the only person I ever met who liked it, so I'm totally ready for the mockery, bring it on! The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. (hides)

Other than the ones already mentioned?

What We Do in the Shadows. Okay, so it's not a masterpiece but it's got charm.

And we can't forget the sheer spandexness of Underworld.

5?!?!
I can't think of more than 2 I've watched more than once...
Nosferatu [1922] FW Murnau - Still genuinely scary
and Dracula [1931] Tod Browning - for me, the benchmark for all Draculas [that aren't Max Schreck]

Only Lovers Left Alive
Let the right One In
Shadow of the Vampire

Bram Stoker's Dracula
Interview with the Vampire

Blade, Captain Kronos, Only Lovers Left Alive, Let the Right One In, Underworld.

I would like to see The Hunger and A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.

I’ve never been a big one for the Vampire genre, but my four are Salem’s Lot, Fright Night, Let the Right One In (not the US one), Blade.

I don’t have a fifth.

Blade, Captain Kronos, Only Lovers Left Alive, Let the Right One In, Underworld.

I would like to see The Hunger and A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.
Excellent call on Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter, I have that in my DVD collection. Also Blade and Underworld - sexy vampires aplenty and damn fine entertainment. Another vampire that the last two films bring to mind is Salma Hayek in From Dusk to Dawn, although I wouldn't put it in my top five.

Personally I have a soft spot for Queen of the damned, but then I think the soundtrack (yep, I like some nu-metal) draws me into it more.

I'm not a huge vampire film fan, but it seems I've watched a few. So:

Byzantium (Neil Jordan makes good films);
Bram Stoker's Dracula (ropey in places, but stylish);
The Lost Boys (for teenage nostalgia, if nothing else);
From Dusk Till Dawn (despite its failings, there are things it does well);
Lair of the White Worm (another Stoker adaptation - silly fun, with Hugh Grant, Amanda Donohoe, and Peter Capaldi).

Honourable mentions:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a cult, camp classic);
Night Watch (adapted from the Lukyanenko novel);
Priest (outshone by another Paul Bettany fantasy-horror film, Legion);
Lifeforce (I remember it as so, so bad, it was compelling).

I'm not a huge vampire film fan, but it seems I've watched a few. So:

Byzantium (Neil Jordan makes good films);
Bram Stoker's Dracula (ropey in places, but stylish);
The Lost Boys (for teenage nostalgia, if nothing else);
From Dusk Till Dawn (despite its failings, there are things it does well);
Lair of the White Worm (another Stoker adaptation - silly fun, with Hugh Grant, Amanda Donohoe, and Peter Capaldi).

Honourable mentions:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a cult, camp classic);
Night Watch (adapted from the Lukyanenko novel);
Priest (outshone by another Paul Bettany fantasy-horror film, Legion);
Lifeforce (I remember it as so, so bad, it was compelling).

Damn forgot about The Lost Boys...

I was just an impressionable teen at the time when it came out, hence my fond memories of it, but I remember it as being a lot of fun ;)

Not including tv
(which would mean the Night Stalker and Salem's Lot--although it did get a theatrical run in Europe).

Nosferatu
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Dr Terror's House of Horrors (Vampire segment)
Dracula Has Risen From Grave
Taste The Blood of Dracula
Blacula
Fright Night
Kiss of the Vampire
Twins of Evil
Vampire Circus
Slaughter of the Vampires
Scars of Dracula

Also Blade and Underworld - sexy vampires aplenty and damn fine entertainment.
Despite mixed reviews, I think Blade is easily the best serious Marvel film. And del Toro's Blade II ain't half bad.

Byzantium (Neil Jordan makes good films)
Byzantium, along with A Girl Walks Home At Night Alone and The Hunger are all on my list to see at some point. Thanks for bringing it up.

If the list was longer than 5, I would have included Interview.

The best vampire films I've seen are Lost Boys, From Dusk 'til Dawn, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Fright Night, Vampires, and Dracula (1979).

The best Dracula adaptation I've ever seen is the BBC adaptation Count Dracula. It scared me silly as a kid.

Has anyone seen "Dance Of The Vampires", very funny film, I think it's Alfie Bass who plays a Jewish inn keeper, he comes back from the dead to menace a pretty young girl, as she holds up a crucifix he says the immortal line "Oh boy have you got the wrong vampire" !!!