Diskdrive World - Terry Pratchett's Unfinished...

I've just got my 9yr old daugther to start reading Wee Free Men - and over this last 2 days i've just re-read The Shepherds Crown.

I still can't read the Shepherds Crown without crying. I really felt TP's passing, and last year, when my father passed, it was TP's words that I looked to.

"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away…’ – Reaper Man

I'm not sure we'll see the equivalent of his wisdom, intellect and passion for equal rites in one individual in our lifetime.

xx

What I love about Shepherd's Crown is that it is goodbye, but it is also that life continues, that "even" old folks can contribute (and in fact since they've been around the block a lot of times know how to be really dangerous) and as you say about the ripples - Granny Weatherwax's influence is alive and well.

I certainly was expecting the bit about Granny in You the cat - it was definitely hinted at. I kind of liked it that in the book as published there was an ambiguity to it. Very granny. Is she there or not? Is she behind you watching.........

Back