Getting opinions

Enforcer Productions

Pile of Bones
Why does it seem to be so hard to get opinions on my writing? I've tried asking people on Deviantart for opinions(with mixed success), but it just seems like I can hardly get someone's opinion just by waiting! Any ideas on how I might be able to get some more opinions?

Yeah, get thirty sensible messages in Chronicles forums, then you can post samples of your work in Critiques section. Then lots of people in here, including published authors, will give you constructive feedback.
Hang around the forums for a while and join in discussions :)

Why does it seem to be so hard to get opinions on my writing? I've tried asking people on Deviantart for opinions(with mixed success), but it just seems like I can hardly get someone's opinion just by waiting! Any ideas on how I might be able to get some more opinions?

Welcome to the chrons forums, @Enforcer Productions ! A big problem might be the fact that you're not asking writers - ie, people who should be expected to both read their genre, as well as know something about writing. :)

However, once you reach 30 posts you'll be able to put up your first 1500 words in the Critiques section: Critiques

Do steel yourself for criticism first, though, as most people are not natural storytellers. :)

Definitely stick around here and as @Brian G Turner says rack up enough posts to post in Critiques. The community here is incredibly open, supportive, knowledgeable and giving with their time to give genuinely useful feedback. I've found it invaluable.

To add to what's already been said once you've been here for a while you may find you start getting to know people, and in the course of time book swapping may become an option. It is generally best to start with the critiques section, that will catch the most glaring flaws before you start asking people to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

And welcome to the Chrons :)

Welcome to Chrons!

As others have said, here you'll get plenty of opinions, but the people here are very honest and sincere, and the vast majority of criticism is meant constructively. It's been extremely helpful to me and plenty of others. If it's your first time in getting feedback, be prepared for it to sting a little, but don't be put off by that - it gets easier (mostly!).