The disappearance of Winter's daughter

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
Michael J. Sullivan's Riyria chronicles #4 is finally written. Followes all that alpha and beta reading and editing stuff, but it has changes to be available for release this December.

I can say I had my contribution on this one, by asking the author for another chronicle. :)

Author Michael J. Sullivan's Official Website

Still no other fan's of Sullivan in here ?

One of my favorite authors. I wish I had the time to sign up as a beta reader. That would be an amazing experience.

I am a huge fan of the writer and the person. He also is an author who answers his fans emails.

A new Riyria adventure sounds great to me. Thanks Alexa.

He also spoils his fans. I had the priviledge to receive the first 5 chapters from The Age of Swords. I would like to read that one again before the book will be published next month.;)

Do you think we'll find out more about Royce's past ? I really have no idea what to expect from the 4th chronicle.

Michael J. Sullivan's Riyria chronicles #4 is finally written. Followes all that alpha and beta reading and editing stuff, but it has changes to be available for release this December.

I can say I had my contribution on this one, by asking the author for another chronicle. :)

Author Michael J. Sullivan's Official Website

Still no other fan's of Sullivan in here ?

I read his first six, the Ryria Chronicles. They were decent reading but nothing any more than just decent. Michael does some things very well and others not so. The characters and dialogue were great and pull you right in with the feeling these are people you know. The world was interesting but he plain made it too small, just like Terry Brooks. I mean there are conversations of distant lands but then it's only a two day ride to get there. I had the feeling the whole world was maybe the size of Texas, meaning it would be big if it were a state but unfortunately it's a whole world not a state. Then there are the names. I could write a whole essay about that but I will just say a few things. Royce and Hadrian are nice and believable names. Lots of the rest came from the Apocrypha(Esrahaddon) or other obscure sources with a few letters changed. Ratibor, Maribor, etc. Very plastic feeling. The religion seemed quite odd or awkward and the way it tied in to the conclusion was mostly 3 stars. Overall very decent reads but quite mediocre in some respects. I may read more of his works in the future if they are improving.

The strengh of both The Chronicles and The Revelations comes from the friendship between Royce and Hadrian. All the other details give the background of their story, so I'm less difficult in accepting them.

Did you read his Age of Mythe ?

The strengh of both The Chronicles and The Revelations comes from the friendship between Royce and Hadrian.

I agree the relationship between them and the redemption of Royce made these books stay with me long after I was done reading them.

I am looking forward to the Age of Swords, book two of The Legends of the First Empire, due out next month.