7.15: The Walking Dead - Something They Need

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Xtj8Hl6.jpg

Sasha (Photo by Gene Page/AMC)

Ricknation visit a distant community

Who's the "little bird" who alerted Negan that Rick and the gang are up to something? The prime suspects are Eugene and Gregory. Eugene seems to have completely gone over to the dark side, but Gregory took that sudden road trip, presumably to tattle to Negan.
I was disappointed that Sasha had been taken captive, when she so obviously wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. Leaving her in the cell with a pair of suicide options was a diabolical touch by Negan.
She didn't exactly get what she wanted when she played Eugene for a weapon to kill herself, but his homemade poison pill might yet prove useful. Negan, however, needs to see a much more violent and painful end.
I don't know what the scene with Gregory and Maggie was intended to do, other than slow a pace that didn't need to be slowed in the penultimate episode of the season. At least Rick and the Alexandrians finally got around to harvesting the Oceanside armory.
I had thought Cyndie's power punch to her stubborn granny might have been more persuasive. The two groups had no trouble uniting against walkers, which was more wasted time.
Dwight's defection was a surprise. I don't see how the Alexandrians can put a lot of trust in him.
Oh, well. The finale is promising lots of action, but I expect Negan will still be around for season 8.

Who's the "little bird" who alerted Negan that Rick and the gang are up to something? The prime suspects are Eugene and Gregory. Eugene seems to have completely gone over to the dark side, but Gregory took that sudden road trip, presumably to tattle to Negan.

After reviewing the evidence I would have to say no. Dr Evil hasn't gone to dark side. He cannot help himself. Just like Gregory cannot but ef things up - for himself and everyone else. He is the man with a plan but Mr G isn't making any. It was still sweet to see him trying to act like a man and save a pregnant lady. Except as always pregnant ladies has to do the business themselves.

Maggie could have shouted, raved and told him off for being a complete waste of space. She didn't. But I'm not sure she has completely understood dangers of keeping ill suited people alive. She could have struggled with that other walker for a bit and let the dead finish the business. But as it always evil never dies. And no good person can commit a suicide.

I was disappointed that Sasha had been taken captive, when she so obviously wanted to go out in a blaze of glory.

Why they didn't shot her, beat her, slashed her or commuted other heinous acts? She was and still is enemy combatant. Keeping her alive isn't for the information. Negan knows he cannot turn her. Not in a day or week. Not even a month. And he knows the reason too - the revenge never dies. It might smoulder a bit maybe even show some smoke signals of flames dying, but the ember will be always there or as long as Sasha is still alive.

She didn't exactly get what she wanted when she played Eugene for a weapon to kill herself, but his homemade poison pill might yet prove useful.

I'll give her ten points for the effort. Dr Evil bought her story but didn't exactly deliver any usable goods. The poison plot is too damn difficult to commit from the confines of an isolation cell. Negan himself said: "I do not trust you that much."

Dwight's defection was a surprise.

He has been harbouring this for a while. Either he is real or then he's not, and all we see if Negan's plot to take over and eff every in the ...

A lot of running around but it still doesn't seem to be moving forward.
Dwight's defection didn't really surprise me, it has been on the cards. Only time will tell if it's genuine.

Sasha, I'm sorry she was taking alive.

The young ocean sider Rachel, that is one scary little girl.

The leader of the Ocean Siders I think there is more to her relationship with Negan than meets the eye.

Last edited:
I was disappointed that Sasha had been taken captive, when she so obviously wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. Leaving her in the cell with a pair of suicide options was a diabolical touch by Negan.
She didn't exactly get what she wanted when she played Eugene for a weapon to kill herself, but his homemade poison pill might yet prove useful. Negan, however, needs to see a much more violent and painful end.
I don't know what the scene with Gregory and Maggie was intended to do, other than slow a pace that didn't need to be slowed in the penultimate episode of the season. At least Rick and the Alexandrians finally got around to harvesting the Oceanside armory.
I had thought Cyndie's power punch to her stubborn granny might have been more persuasive. The two groups had no trouble uniting against walkers, which was more wasted time.
Dwight's defection was a surprise. I don't see how the Alexandrians can put a lot of trust in him.
Oh, well. The finale is promising lots of action, but I expect Negan will still be around for season 8.

Negan really doesn't really understand Eugene or how he thinks or how brilliant he truly is . Negan assumes that Eugene's non-confrontational and seemingly capitulating personality means he controls him but, that's not really the case . What Negan really doesn't understand is that Eugene as a problem solver is always thinking and planning. Right now , Eugene is cooperating, playing for time . I think Eugene is going spring something very nasty on Negan who won't see it coming.

Last edited:
A lot of running around but it still doesn't seem to be moving forward.

Yes, indeed and it feels very tiresome. Would this be Game of Thrones and people would go absolutely mental for no story progression. I personally get agitated if I feel my own stories are this stale. And raiding the Oceanside community was another nail driven in the coffin. It was predicted to happen at last year and it would have been much cooler if they'd retained Oceanside as the last line of defence. A backup place to go if everything else falls apart. The only really cool thing was the ocean zombies. Those masks must have cost loads of money.

I think Eugene is going spring something very nasty on Negan who won't see it coming.

He won't have balls to do it. The fear is too much for him to handle and do something so nasty. Dr Evil will retain his comical status and not advance to ranks of killers. That's my prediction.

I still believe Gregory betrays everyone because he cannot help himself. One thing I was surprised, he remembered Maggie's name and didn't call her "Natalie," or something else.

In Episode 7x15 (Something They Need), the Saviors had caught Sasha and locked her away in the cell which was once reserved for Daryl. After a couple of encounters with Saviors, Eugene, and Negan, one particular conversation set the stage for an explosive Season 7 finale.

Negan approached Sasha and told her that "a little birdie" told him Rick was up to no good. While there are several credible theories about the surprising characters who may have approached Negan regarding Rick's new plans, the little birdie may have actually been right there in that cell.

If nobody told Negan about Rick's plans, Sasha just betrayed everybody.

See, Negan went in with the classic "I already know" line. Sasha didn't deny his claim. Therefore, she indicated his statements were true and Rick was, in fact, guilty of being up to no good. Rather than say Rick is behaving, Sasha asked for a solution which would keep all parties content.

With a preview showing Negan arriving at the Alexandria Safe-Zone, apparently ready for a fight, Sasha might have actually been the one who revealed Rick's plans.
How Sasha Accidentally Betrayed Rick On The Walking Dead

I still believe Gregory betrays everyone because he cannot help himself. One thing I was surprised, he remembered Maggie's name and didn't call her "Natalie," or something else.

How Sasha Accidentally Betrayed Rick On The Walking Dead
Didn't Sasha also dismiss Rick as a problem by referring to him as "your bitch" in her conversation with Negan? I don't recall the order of the statements.

Didn't Sasha also dismiss Rick as a problem by referring to him as "your bitch"

Yeah. She did. The thing with her conversation after the initial shock with the rapist was that they did nothing compared to what initial conversation made us to believe. It was just so strange that they hadn't beaten her up, but actually she was in nice neat package with only damage done to her pride. I was certain from nixie's comments that those morons would never have caught her and used her to wean intelligence, because it's the normal thing to happen females.

I have to admit that I quite enjoyed this episode. I thought Negan was excellent and again I seem to be in the minority here but think he is a brilliant villain wonderfully played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

I was rather disappointed that Sasha's attack wasn't shown considering the buildup but as my wife said it isn't necessary to show it. It was never going to succeed when Eugene ran off. It was a bit odd that she barely seemed hurt, maybe someone thwacked her on the back of the head. I liked the way Eugene gave the pill. I had completely forgotten he had those.

Gregory was quite entertaining as usual.

The Oceanside takedown was a bit easy. Maybe a Walker could at least have bitten someone and caused a bit more excitement.

So will Negan get to Alexandria before they hide the weapons? Or maybe they even leave if they find out he is coming?

So will Negan get to Alexandria before they hide the weapons? Or maybe they even leave if they find out he is coming?

I have thought couple of days on how to reply, the answer is we simply don't know. What we know is that he likes to take it to extreme levels and push buttons to make everything ackward. Maybe he'll accept it's going to be a war with the Ricknation just sake of it. Maybe the Oceanside lady was right as she's scared it's going to cost everyone their lives.

If Alexandrian's can show united front from the beginning and just not let him in the compound they might survive the initial confrontation for Negan not bringing enough of ammo/weapons. The biggest risk is he sets whole place in flames as surrounding area is full of vegetation and shoot/captures survivors. A siege for insiders is always a risk and those who are outside can always disappear into the countryside.

I suppose Negan does not know that Rick and co have a load of guns and ammo. Unless the junkyard tribe told him. I don't think Gregory knew about it. It depends who the little bird was. He knows Rick is upto something, presumably related to him contacting the Kingdom.

Who deserves to kill Negan more -- Maggie or Daryl? Maybe they should takes turns whacking him with Lucille. :D

One of the walkers from the trapped area surrounding Negan's compund should do it! Preferably one that he wronged personally. The Walking Dead haven't appeared particularly scary in recent episodes. Other than a few exceptions such as for Gregory. It is almost time they ran riot again.