In Regards to Grammar Check rant

Lafayette

Man of Artistic Fingers
Supporter
Does your software have a 'Add to Dictionary' option? My MS Word 2010 has this option on it's Spell Grammar check. When your Granny Coldstone pops up simply add it to your 'Add to Dictionary'. And while you're at it make a possessive as well that way if Granny Coldstone's chili comes up it won't be giving you that red line you love so much.

As an experiment I copied your "A young woman was trying to wind a bandage" in my MS Word 2010 and my Open Office and I did not get a green line.

If you continue having these problem I would suggest that you get a new word processor. If you can't afford Ms Word then download Open Office. I have used it and it a pretty good program.

I would also suggest that you look at spell grammar check as a learning tool. Its lack of perfection will make you. think about what you writing. I don't about other writers, but I would like to be as grammatical correct as possible without my story suffering from stiffness.

I used to think the "passive sentences" errors were a pain. Writing history there are a lot of passive sentences. Then I discovered that it was really my friend. Whatever you are writing you want to engage the reader and the less passive sentences the better, even if you can't remove them all.

My only problem with the spellchecker is that it keeps reverting back to American English, no matter how many times I switch it to proper English. <joke>