3.19 Failed Experiments

Anushka Mokosh

Matryona Marzanna
Hive wanting to make everyone Inhumans was expected enough. His history was quite interesting. References to Civil War were quite amusing as he mentioned a millionaire with an Iron Suit and a super soldier made by the army. Hai Tony. Hai Steve. Hive doesn't like you.

May and Lincoln argument from the start highlighted most things that annoy me about Lincoln and I completely expected his volunteering to be the guinea pig. I agree with Simmons' estimation of Lincoln's choices, but it was also quite obvious Lincoln would do it whether they allowed it or not. With the given title, it was obvious how that was to end.

Hive-Daisy dynamics creeps me out. Daisy herself creeps me out.

FitzSimmons misery poker with who they met was amusing.

Everyone seems to be so involved with their own feelings and I was glad May kept pointing it out. It was necessary to make it clear, but maybe she should have removed Mack from that mission. Daisy's speech to Mack kinda made me hate her. Yeah, yeah, I know she's being influenced and stuff, but it really made me hate her.

I liked how May questioned ExplosionBoy and then just whacked him on the head. There is a reason she's been my favourite all along.

The Kree Reapers coming was quite interesting. However, Daisy defeating the Reaper in such a short fight was a bit anticlimactic considering how the Reapers were hyped.

I feel like the strike team should have taken lash with them. TBH, I would have just dropped Lash into that Inhuman city.

I never liked how the Kree were realized. Sometimes loyalty to the source material can be a bad thing. let's face it, they're just bald blue guys. This time they could have made them more alien, more intimidating by giving them weird looking armour.
Instead they went with strips of chrome coloured plastic.
I have a hard time taking these ancient aliens seriously.

Other than that though, I'm having a blast.

I enjoyed the interactions between Hive and one of his Kreeators. And it obviously ended as it should been expected. While Hive was worried that the Kree Reapers are the only thing that can kill him, it should be noted that during all this time, he gained accumulated knowledge and skills of many sacrifices from HYDRA, while the two Kree remained unchanged.

That being said, I can get why those two Kree look like they look, and why they use such weapons. Let's remember that those guys predate Ronan by several millenia, were in stasis for most of that time, and that primitive weapons like axes can easier survive tests of time than Universal Weapon (hammer held by Ronan, which are standard weapons for Kree Accusers) or the smaller, mind-wiping hammer of Vin-Tak from second season (who wasn't bald, mind).

Current Daisy was pretty creepy since the very reveal of being Hive'd, which I think was the most insane looking moment of her so far, especially the look in her eyes when she were telling Lincoln about how being Hive'd made her feel happy, whole, and all.

Right now there are two things that I wonder about: was it AlishaPrime that was killed, and where is Giyera? I haven't seen him for a while already.

I think it was AlishaPrime, since she is the only one who has the white/grey eyes when controlling/summoning? (I have no idea how her powers work) her clones. Which makes me sad.

I suppose she was out of clones at the moment, as she apparently needs some time to regenerate her ability to produce more of them. RIP Alisha, I liked you as someone more than stunt double of Mockingbird or Dottie Underwood (aka. 40s Black Widow).

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the Kree either. The Hive-Kree fight was a little by the numbers, and why did Hive even bother when he could just melt the guy's face?

For that matter, why didn't Hive take a Kree alive?

Hive was sure that one Kree is enough, so it didn't mattered if he killed his opponent, as long as Daisy captured the other, which wasn't something hard for her.
That being said, Hive is not someone with powers to cripple someone non-lethally.

Was disappointed that the Kree Reapers weren't more powerful. For an advanced alien race they could have come at Hive with something more than a big knife and punching.

Surprised no one's suggested using Andrew/Gash yet...

I do like Daisy's conviction that she's doing good, while still being conflicted about SHIELD. I'm still enjoying the series overall, but my eldest daughter and wife are losing interest in this season.