6.07: The Walking Dead - Heads Up

ctg

weaver of the unseen
9EXQKdh.jpg

Carol and Judith (Photo by Gene Page/AMC)

Alexandria is finally able to begin pulling itself back together; peace is embraced between the two groups.

All right! Not only did they give Glenn back, they did it in the first scene.
I guess the collapse of the church solved the problem of finding a way through the zombies back into Alexandria. Not the best solution, though.

Glenn! I have to say I have mixed feelings about his "escape". Am I glad he's back? Yes. Am I happy with the way they did it? Meh. I feel there should have been a more brutal "fight for survival" scene, but I'll put it behind me and move on.

That teenage girl, what's her name again? I have a feeling Glenn and Maggie are going to adopt her once the mayhem is over.

I guess the collapse of the church solved the problem of finding a way through the zombies back into Alexandria. Not the best solution, though.
But what about all the Walkers coming in? :eek:

Is it just me or does anyone else hope that kid just shoots himself by accident. What an idiot.

The next one will be hectic...will they be on the run again after it?

Yes indeed, Ratsy, I've been saying for weeks that I'd love to see that psycho little snort put onto the walker's menu.

As for Glen? One more episode before the mid season break. He could still die, you know. The old double whammy.

Is it just me or does anyone else hope that kid just shoots himself by accident. What an idiot.

You mean Ron? Pulling a gun on Carl is certainly one from of stupidity. He's not trained and to be honest, shooting him isn't going to be easy even if Carl has his back turned at him, when the church came down. And in my mind it's not going to make Enia to love him permanently.

As for Glen? One more episode before the mid season break. He could still die, you know. The old double whammy.

Nah. I don't believe that. They wouldn't bring him back to be killed in mid-season finale. There's no point on giving him back the title credits for just one episode as they could have left him out for all this time if that was in the cards.

Am I happy with the way they did it? Meh. I feel there should have been a more brutal "fight for survival" scene, but I'll put it behind me and move on.

I agree, and I don't understand, why there was so much Nicholas left, when Glenn crawled out from under the dumpster. I start to feel I should limit myself to comics only.

Last edited:
I thought Morgan was going to kill Rick and turn into a maniac. He seemed almost normal and doesn't wish to hurt a fly.

Glen's escape was poorly executed but almost assured. There was once a time in this series when any major character could die. Is there an element of jumping the shark here? And some things will work better in a comic than on screen. They have had six years to work that out though.

His survival was so predictable, and I think I disliked it all the more for that. I think I saw a shark cruising by, yes.

The only way they can retrieve this, for me, is by killing Maggie. But they won't, cos of the baby.

I'm on the verge of walking away from this series.

The Glenn survival was rather brief. They didn't really show him fighting off the Walkers. He maybe hit one next to him. Seems improbable that he would have kicked any to death. That girl was quite annoying so the episode dragged more than normal. But still there were some good points and there was chaos in the end.
In general I would still put this on the top of the seasons so far (though middle is getting weaker) so the Glenn thing is hopefully a brief quality blip. Hopefully there was no writer change. Though if they kept to the comic storylines I think at least a decent quality would be assured. They have constantly been adding subplots and scenes on top of the comic though, and changed some deaths, so not all will be good.

I don't really have a problem with Glenn surviving, although they did themselves no favours by dragging it out the way that they did. A little far-fetched? Sure. But honestly I don't mind the odd plot-armour-aided happy ending amidst what is otherwise a fairly unrelentingly bleak show.

I don't necessarily agree with this whole viewpoint that most people seem to have these days that for a show to be good it must regularly kill off main characters in shocking ways. Ten years ago, shows rarely if ever did that. They're main characters for a reason - you get to know them and like them as their character (hopefully) is built and deepened by the writers, to the point where you are rooting for them to survive. And Glenn survived! Huzzah!

Alexandria is in for a world of hurt this week, though...

I don't understand any rationale for it on other shows, my point was that in this show they deliberately killed off random characters to show how dangerous and unpredictable this world was and that no one was safe in it. You rooted for these characters because you were unsure if they would still be around next week. I actually thought that was good, precisely because they didn't do that in other shows; this was different.

Dragging it out as they did - I only read these threads and watch the actual show - but clearly, giving ambiguous answers questions about Glen, the radio call that may or may not have been his voice, having the characters constantly discuss his survival, and removing the name from the credits - it was all designed to play the audience and doesn't seem to have had the effect they desired at all.

I think this is a change of tack and means that the "core" cast is now too big to kill off anyone anymore. We won't see Rick, Glen or Daryl dying (unless the actor himself wants to leave.) I think that removes a large amount of uncertainty and tension from the show and they may regret that in the future.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less if Rick dies, he is annoying.

Maybe. I don't know, but he is loved by many, and very soon he's going to face a villain that's loved by other people. I'm not one of them. So, chances are, he's not come alive from that clash of titans.

Ony started watching Walking Dead last year, watched whole series in about a month. Am I the only one who couldn't care less if Rick dies, he is annoying.
Annoying in what way? Telling people what to do? Not wanting to tell people what to do? I haven't found him annoying really. Maybe a bit when he was hallucinating about his wife.