Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels

Ronald Moore was trying to get a Pern series made at one point. Apparently his script was butchered so he pulled the plug.

I'd hate to see it butchered! Glad the plug got pulled. Maybe someone will do it right one day.

From http://pern.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

By Date of Publication (Novels)
By Date of Publication (Short Stories)
  • 1967 - Weyr Search (originally published in the October 1967 issue of 'Analog' Magazine)
  • 1973 - The Smallest Dragonboy (published in Get Off the Unicorn and A Gift of Dragons)
  • 1986 - The Girl Who Heard Dragons (published in The Girl Who Heard Dragons and A Gift of Dragons)
  • 1989 - The Impression (published in Dragonlover's Guide to Pern)
  • 1993 - Survey: P.E.R.N.c (published in Chronicles of Pern - originally published in 1993 as "The P.E.R.N. Survey")
  • 1993 - The Ford of Red Hanrahan (published in Chronicles of Pern)
  • 1993 - The Second Weyr (published in Chronicles of Pern)
  • 1993 - Dolphin's Bell (published in Chronicles of Pern - also published in Hard Cover in 1993 as a standalone novella by the Wildside Press. This edition contains illustrations and border decorations by Pat Morrissey)
  • 1993 - Rescue Run (published in Chronicles of Pern - also published in Hard Cover in 1991 as a standalone novella by the Wildside Press. This edition contains illustrations and border decorations by Pat Morrissey)
  • 1998 - Runner of Pern (published in Legends, Editor: Robert Silverberg and A Gift of Dragons)
  • 2002 - Ever the Twain (published in A Gift of Dragons )
  • 2004 - Beyond Between (published in Legends II, Editor: Robert Silverberg)
Flamin' heck. I didnt realise there were so many. I suppose I stopped reading these in the early 1980s.