What Are Your Thoughts on Michael MoorCock's The Eternal Champion Saga and his other Work?

I never understood the Cornelius books, they do have fan's though. Some argue that it's MM's best character.

I always though his best stuff were the Elric books.

Agreed. I read the first book, again, last week. It's a good twist when elric sods off on his gap year in the young kingdoms and leave yrkroon as regent. Total failure of good judgement on elric's behalf. You actually want Elric to stay home, marry his cousin and feed the captain to yrkroon for dinner. Ramsey Bolton had nothing on him. Nothing!

Agreed. I read the first book, again, last week. It's a good twist when elric sods off on his gap year in the young kingdoms and leave yrkroon as regent. Total failure of good judgement on elric's behalf. You actually want Elric to stay home, marry his cousin and feed the captain to yrkroon for dinner. Ramsey Bolton had nothing on him. Nothing!

Were I in Elric's shoes , I would have dealt with Yrkroon before he ever got started . Also Elric and everyone else in Melnibone might have had a longer life had he never gone near Stormbringer.;)

Last edited:
I like it when the the hero's, Erlic, Corum,Erkose and Dorian Hawkmoon would be bought together when a crisis of Multiversal proportion occurs. and each series you seee the crises the different character perspective . The aspect with the world sitaiotion Erkoes because he knows that he's the Eternal champion and the other that meet are other incarnations of himself. :cool:

Did elric die in the end or live on elsewhere? Stormbringer got him either way

Did elric die in the end or live on elsewhere? Stormbringer got him either way

After Elric blew the Horn which ushered in a new reality, Strombring betrayed and killed him. In could misremembering this but think Strombringer died later on when Erekose destroyed the balance scale mechanism of the Multiverse because altering events and fates causality , so didn't the Runestaff which was in fact the nemesis of Stormbtringer I think that was the finale of the Castle Brass series.