Can you wear cloak and rucksack?

SleepyDormouse

dreaming away....
Having a minor wardrobe error here as I have given my mains a rucksack, but wanted them to have warm cloaks too... and now I can't imagine how they can wear both!

I'm pretty sure in the lord of the rings film Sam had a backpack/rucksack (btw is one term better/older than the other?) and they had cloaks that the elves gave them so maybe I just need to dig out my dvds.

I've noticed I have hardly mentioned physical description or clothing so trying to add a few details here and there.

I don't think there would be a problem with that. They're your characters, you can make them wear whatever you want :)

Yeah I'm also pretty sure that Sam carried a backpack in TLOR as well as wearing an Elven cape...

People do it all the time. The modern equivalent is a poncho, over top of back pack. Either in a belt pouch when out hill walking in hot weather, or for cyclists. A really big cloak will work better.

I was thinking of the arms issue, if they are under a cloak how do they fit through straps on rucksack.

cross posted.. so cloak right over the top of it all? ok, that makes sense

It depends on the style of the cloak. Some have armholes that would allow you to wear it under the rucksack.

My partner has a short cape she wears a lot, she says she can't wear a rucksack with any level of practicality. Something with arm holes would work better.

Some of the LOTR cloaks had slits in IIRC to help with that

But plainly they could do it. There'd be plenty of material left to wrap around and keep you cosy.

Back