Best non-human sci fi voices?

Sarah Wilson

Hello! My data collection for a masters dissertation involves collecting voice samples from robots, aliens and cartoons that have a voice that is not a natural human talking voice (I'm not joking!). It's a kind of fun 5 minute activity trying to think of voices that are unusual.
Examples: original Cylons, Mysterons, Chappie, Darleks, ET, GLaDoS, Alpha 5, Zordon, Robocop, Jigsaw, Locutus of Borg, Darth Vador, Emperor Palpatine, Optimus Prime Etc. MCP (Master Control Program), WALL-E, Baymax- Big hero 6.

If you can think of any obscure ones or your personal favourites I'd be really grateful.
Cheers!
Sarah

I was never a big fan of Knight Rider (in fact I haven't seen a single episode) but KITT comes immediately to mind.

R2-D2 and C3-P0 are a must.

Twikki from Buck Rogers.

Great suggestions, thank you :) I didn't have Twikki, I only knew of Buck Rogers from the song!

The computer in Star trek. Always Majel Barrett, but it evolves from the initial "Working!" stilted voice to something more fluid later.
You've got the Daleks, but what about the ice warriors: very hissy and snakelike but a special rythm.
Then there are the basilisk and general snakespeak whatever it's called in Harry Potter. Hissiform or Parceliss or something.
The generalised computer generated (Steven Hawking, Microsoft) voice.
Thug/Troll speak.
The hitchhikers guide has plenty, both the radio/television version and later the film.

Hi. Emperor Palpatine is human, isn't he?

Rigel, Moya, Talyn, Pilot, Scorpius, d'Argo, chiana and Zhaan from Farscape are good examples. Esp the two ships who communicate by purrs and clicks etx.

Plus it's a fantastic reason to watch Farscape ;) the opening episode 'Pilot' introduces the concepts of translator microbes which effectively allows inter species communication. It's a nifty plot device.

I'd argue the point that the Observers from Fringe are a different species as they're hyper-evolved versions and have a v interesting cadence, inflexions, and odd way of speaking.

pH

I was never a big fan of Knight Rider (in fact I haven't seen a single episode) but KITT comes immediately to mind.

R2-D2 and C3-P0 are a must.

Twikki from Buck Rogers.

Love Knight Rider, R2 and C3!