What Are Your Favorite Monsters in Movies and Television?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
On the big screen and the small screen what are your favorite monsters and why? :)

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go go go Godzilla
Oh no, there goes Tokyo go go Godzilla

History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men...

Sprinting zombies in various

So much more fun than the traditional :eek:

Hannibal, anyone who uses a rolladex of business cards as a menu is just monstrous. On the big screen, it has to be everyone's favourite guy in a rubber suit trashing train sets and models of Tokyo.

For movies, it would have to be the original 1933 King Kong!

For the TV, well perhaps not a monster per se, but I would consider The Borg forn TNG, as a decent candidate

The creature designs for Predator & Alien are astounding - despite the guy-in-costume factor. After all these years, neither appear dated, both are still very real looking, like nature totally could come up with those bad boys.

Medusa. Something about her. I really like Medusa.

The Minataur is another mythical beast I've always thought was downright spooky - some demented bull-man hunting you down in an endless maze littered with the bones of its victims.

Since I'm on the mythical tip, might as well mention the Kraken, too. No matter his incarnation or how people choose to depict him, he's always awe inspiring in his unchecked ferocity.

And those creatures in Dune that can fold space (were they called Navigators?). Those guys were like a really intense psychedelic trip. Mind bendingly powerful, with agendas we couldn't even comprehend.

The Gorn from the Star Trek (TOS) episode Arena. I was a kid at the time and thought the guy in the ill-fitting rubber suit must be awfully hot. Suspension of disbelief kicked in and I sat back and enjoyed the show. How will Kirk get out of this one?

Aw man, no way. I'm scrolling down and thinking..."No one got The Gorn, no one got The Gorn!" Good call, Telford. :D

Was gonna quote BOC (although I'd have settled for the refrain) on the Big Guy, too, but too late there also.

Guess I'll have to settle for the 2nd terminator bad guy (the one Arnold comes back to help fight). That was one seriously creepy machine.

The Gorn from the Star Trek (TOS) episode Arena. I was a kid at the time and thought the guy in the ill-fitting rubber suit must be awfully hot. Suspension of disbelief kicked in and I sat back and enjoyed the show. How will Kirk get out of this one?
That whole scene is spoiled by the polystyrene rock that someone throws and it just bounces off the other person. Even as a young kid, I couldn't suspend belief over that.

Werewolf. Predator and most currently the Swarm (finally vampires that aren't behaving like lovesick teenagers)