Any books like The Man From Earth 2007 Sci-Fi film?

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
Here is the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Are there any books that might expand on the subject matter? This is probably my most favorite piece of science fiction seen, read or otherwise. I really like the concept of the philosophizing in the movie about the possibility that one of their friends could be a cave man. I really like the way he explained history too.

Can't help you myself, but I'll move this over to GBD, where we have the conversations about recommendations -- Book Search is really for those people who want to find a book they've read before but they can't recall the author or title.

I'm not immediately aware of books that have the protagonist (or any character) having survived since prehistoric times. However, there are plenty that talk about the subject of longevity in one way or another. Joe Haldeman's The Long Habit Of Living has a near-future earth where the richest people can buy a rejuvenation - at the cost of everything they own. Robert Heinlein's Time Enough For Love and To Sail Beyond The Sunset (along with a couple of other books) deal directly or indirectly with Lazarus Long, the incredibly long-lived egregious self-insert character ;) I think even the most rabid Heinlein fan would struggle to classify either as among his best, but I re-read TSBTS recently and was surprised at how well it read.

I don't know the film at all, but there's a long short story by Philip Jose Farmer called "The Alley Man" about the last Neanderthal. I don't know how well it's aged, though: the sexual politics were, er, suitable for a caveman, funnily enough.

Not seen the film either, but there are some good stories about immortals or near-immortals living quietly amongst the rest of us:

Whatever Happened to Corporal Cuckoo?
by Gerald Kersh is a great short story

There is a recurring character in Neil Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, and I think in Cryptonomicon called Enoch Root, who appears to be immortal.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll def be checking out some of these and let you know which ones I try.