What are you working on right now?

Completed my Sir Agloval short story, but not finished with it, I need to edit it, but now moving onto my Sir Lancelot short...

I now have four Arthurian short stories done and once Sir Lancelot is done, see if I can get the five published as a collection.

I intend to have a complete collection of at least twelve, at least one will be much longer than the shorts I have done, so it will take some time to finish, but I also intend to get back to my main WiP...

Finishing final rewrites for book 4 of my Hope Island Chronicles called Pursuit Course.

Just finished the second draft on A Child of Great Promise. I'll take a breather for a couple of days, then dive in for the third draft. For me, second draft is filling in the bits where I said "something goes here" a hundred different ways in a hundred different places. It's where whole chapters get moved. Third draft more fixing continuity errors and buffing the prose. Fourth draft is copyedit. Proofreading happens all through there, but I still make a pass after I *believe* I won't make any more changes, to run the spelling checker and to read the whole miserable thing aloud.

How do people turn out four books a year? I have no idea.

I've had a hard line-edit back of the first 432 words of my WotF attempt I'm planning to submit before the end of this month. The 432 words have become 273 words and I've been told I can cut at least 1,500 words from the remaining 8,900 of the story (easily the longest I've written). That's going to take me weeks!

Finished a chapter.... trying to figure out where to put it in the book >.>

I set up a Scrivener project for the next book. I've been make random notes over the past few months as I've been writing A Child of Great Promise, so I have the main plot and characters and setting. Gotta type it up. I even made chapters, though some are barely anything more than a title. It gives me a rough idea of how be the story will be.

Nobody asked, but it's called Into the Second World and is an Altearth re-telling of Verne's A Journey to the Center of the Earth. This book will be a massive spoiler, for it will explain the "real" source of magic in Altearth and where the monsters come from. I've had this as a hypothesis for a few years now, unsure of whether it would really work. Writing Second World will be me putting the ideas to the test. If the story falls apart, then I retreat. If the story holds up, then I publish.

Finally managed to find an excellent and feasible conflict for my story and it's led me to write my outline, at last, linking together bits and pieces I'd originally planned and discarded. It's fitting together so well! All the elements and situations I wanted are working without it feeling contrived and it's making things go naturally and giving me perfect space to keep suspense throughout the series. Literally, one small click in the brain and I was off. I'm very excited right now. I've been waiting for this to happen with this premise for 3 years! I just had to come and tell someone! :D:D:D

Back to work on the WIP. I'm going to finish this chapter, edit and publish, then get to work torturing someone. Fun times all around for my poor characters.

Just hit 40K on the big one :D now to bang out the short that's been rattling in my head for a few weeks now. That'll be tomorrow's project, then onto the next chapter in the WIP

... accidentally didn't write anything for 2 weeks. D'oh! But today I did, so that's nice.

Finally cracked a scene that's been resisting edits for over a week. I think I've got it right, now. Also managed to push forward on a short story and, most important of all, got my 75-word challenge posted!