What are you working on right now?

I'd be interested if you have any sources, though
My son says the books he have just tell the stories, he has no meta-literature. It's not always clear exactly how accurately the legend has been transcribed and how closely later translated or exactly what sort of creature is described, or how well the English name has been chosen.

Just shy of a thousand words into the opening sequence of book two. Meanwhile in the dark and woeful land of edits and rewrites, we are 10% done on book 1.
Very busy times. Work, wife, four kids and two writing works on the go. Wife told me off yesterday, says I'm pushing myself too hard. But if I don't push me, who will?

Well, I'm working on an assignment about Spend Analysis within my organization, so that's exciting....when I started to pull my hair out on that one, I did few minutes of writing in Sleepy Grove. I also really need to finish a short for Submission on my superhero story (have around 1000 words left but have the outline) and I still haven't finished my Sekrit Santa story :confused:

I better get to work on something!

Hi,

I just finished my first science fiction book and need help to correct some mistakes and a sincere opinion about the story.
I did all I could, but without readers help, feel I can't go any longer.

I'm posting in Wattpad.

A brief synopsis:

The Inner Rig Secret

Having lost it’s roots and all it’s cultural reference, a society travels seeking a new world to settle.
The group descended from a very small number of individuals, so they could not keep a stable population, then started the use of cloning to bring back their dead.
Everyone believes that every young child are the same person which was lost, they receive the same name, profession and treatment. Everyone writes a dairy so they can recover their memories in future lives, and then continue their work from they left off.

Upon receiving the diary of her previous life, Kalyn realizes that the information is quite difficult to understand, then starts a search on her own, to find out who she was, while chronicles her new daily experiences and learns along with the reader, how are the living inside a colossal spaceship. Many mysteries and exciting challenges presents in this wonderful story.

So how will Kalyn will react when finally find out who was and what did that person who in the past answered by her name?

Could not post the link... so ask inbox, okay? Or just search the title in Wattpad.com

That's it... Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Just finished reading The Master's Talent as a single document on kindle. So fixed about 100 typos (about 1 per 1000 words) and three minor inconsistencies tonight. Now after nearly 400,000 words (excluding research and background material) since beginning of June 2014, which is four books in less than 7 months, I'm taking a break from writing for a little while.

Then I will revise/rewrite them. Improve Characters.

It's been about a week or so since I finished Chapter 2 of my new WIP. I've been somewhat stuck on the first paragraph of Chapter 3, between figuring out the best way to start the scene (a problem I often seem to have) and studying Southampton Airport in England and the surrounding area on Google Maps and Google Earth to imagine what it would look like a hundred years from now.

One thing for sure, I may be needing a beta reader who lives around there when I'm done.

Woohoo, I finally did a scene for my WIP after a couple month hiatus! It was only 800+ words but that's something. I added a new character that will help the plot along quite a bit...i needed more flesh to it

Also started a short story for an anthology call, but I think I need to focus on my book more. I think I'll finish this short then try to put my energy into getting a first draft done this year on Sleepy Grove

Same as what I've been working on for the past few months. Nothing.

:(

Try and get a little done, Mouse. Walking very slowly is still miles better than standing still.

I know the feeling. Doing ok at the moment, but a few weeks ago it was much more difficult.

The slumps are the worst, @Mouse. But we've all been there, and we'll all hit them again at some point. You'll get through it, probably once the whole house thing is sorted. Stress is horrid for interrupting stuff like writing!

As for me, I've just finished a full rewrite of my WIP, and am pretty pleased with it. I added an extra arc at the slow mid-point which seems to work well, and I've got the word count up from 72k to 77k. So all-round happy. It's been three manic days of non-stop editing (about 17 hours in total).

Now to start a complete re-read to revise some minor things that need straightening out. But it feels really good to have the main plot changes over and done.

Mouse, have you tried to write some shorter stuff to get the juices flowing?

Go Juliana! I really liked the book and I'm sure it's even better now :)

Excellent! What book wouldn't benefit from some trollage? I think that was a great idea to add into the middle.

I can't wait to finish Sleepy, so I can get your opinion on it too. Sadly no Trolls in mine :(