Ender Series Recommended Reading Order?

MontyCircus

I read Ender's Game a while ago and enjoyed it, though I didn't fall in love with it or think it was one of the best things I've ever read, as others have experienced.

Nonetheless, I just saw the film and it has reignited my interest in the series and I'm interested in reading on. But...apparently it's now a 16 book "Enderverse", with 3 intertwined series. So what should I read next?

I'm set on continuing on in the main Ender's Saga series, which is now categorized as a quintet. So my main question is whether I should read 2008's Ender in Exile (which is the next chronologically) or skip it and continue on to the Hugo/Nebula winning Speaker for the Dead?

Thanks for any replies!

Speaker is the sequel but is not really a direct sequel to Ender's Game. It's completely different and a lot less fun and has almost no action or thrills in it.

It wasn't bad just too philosophical for me. The fun factor from EG was lost on this one. If they made a movie about Ender and the Piggies it would certainly flop.

It wasn't bad just too philosophical for me. The fun factor from EG was lost on this one. If they made a movie about Ender and the Piggies it would certainly flop.

It would depend on how the approached it.

Speaker was actually a much better book IMHO.

I just finished Speaker for the Dead. In some ways I prefer it to Ender's Game. It is more about redemption and life, so it appears to have a more positive focus. I really like the concept of Speaking someone, or telling the truth about a person as they really were and wanted to be, not just as others saw them. But I have mixed feelings about the resolution to the story. The main characters from Ender's Game are able to reconcile their lives, but it appears as though humanity in general is repeating the same cycle of mistrust and mistruth that led to the first xenocide.