Great book collections on the web

Hi All,

I'm very interested in websites that feature great pictures and information about collections/collecting Science Fiction. If you know of any please link here for people to enjoy.
That's a nice link.

Are you restricting this to only SF in the strictest sense of the term? That is to clarify are you inlcuding in that other forms of 'speculative fiction' like Fantasy, Horror etc ? I did notice upon closer inspection that the featured collection does cover these Genres as well, so I guess that answers the question.

Also what about fiction in the wider sense, I'll use the term 'word literature' that may not traditionally fall into the standard definition of speculative function but nevertheless contain elements of the fantastic or supernatural in them?

I pose the latter question not only in respect to my own personal library collection (and interest) that features a number of works that would fall into this category, albeit I''m quick to add I don't own many 'rare' books per se but also in relation to various other fine collections I know of that are managed either by private individuals or institutions where online links are available?

An interesting topic.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm very interested in websites that feature great pictures and information about collections/collecting Science Fiction. If you know of any please link here for people to enjoy.

My contribution; you will drool over these books!

http://www.robertweinberg.net/rarebooks.htm

Wow. Genuinely did dribble a bit, thanks for sharing. Particularly jealous of the H.G. Wells, those covers are great.

I am interested in all types of books. I collect, not quite to the degree that Mr. Weinberg has, and I often hear about this or that famous book and I really want to see and learn about.

For example, are there any online links to show/identify Shakespeare's folios and quartos? Book of Kells? De Re Metallica?

I'm also interested in turn of the century Fantasy and Science Fiction. I have seen so many nice leather versions of Jules Verne titles but I have no way of knowing which are actually first editions. So a resource for Verne would be valuable to me as I have located some editions but I don't know if they are worth the asking price.

Any links would appreciated!