Stephen King WWII Story

JoanDrake

Has Stephen King ever written a WWII story? I Googled it and got nothing. I searched the bibliography here but don't know what all the stories are about.

If he hasn't, has he ever said why? or if he plans to?

I can't think of any, and I've read most of his stuff, including the short stuff. The only one which I'm kind of thinking is the Breathing Method from Different seasons, which may have been set in that era - it had an odd voice to it - but it had nothing to do with the war. I'm not sure why, but he tends to base a lot of his work around Maine, and I'm not sure it's entirely his bag.

He hasnt written any stories based in the WW2 era but I am sure he has mentioned flashbacks in his stories about it...maybe. Stphen King I think likes to focus on the present and flashback to the past for character dev etc. I think he is very interested in the whole American lifestyle and I assume it reflects in his stories.

I can't think of any, and I've read most of his stuff, including the short stuff. The only one which I'm kind of thinking is the Breathing Method from Different seasons, which may have been set in that era - it had an odd voice to it - but it had nothing to do with the war. I'm not sure why, but he tends to base a lot of his work around Maine, and I'm not sure it's entirely his bag.

Pretty sure in that collection is Apt Pupil, which involves an aged Nazi (fairly sure it doesn't deal with the war). King definitely is a more contemporary writer who keeps up with the times.

I know there's something war-related when Halloran (The Shining) makes an appearance in a flashback in It. But searching around, that seems to be earlier than WWII.

Apart from "Apt Pupil" which isn't a WW2 story but involves a Nazi war criminal, I can't think of any WW2 stories.
"Breathing Method" does mention WW1 but I think it's set in the 1920s.