What's your favourite animated movie?

"Patlabor 2" is a firm favourite, mixing rather excellent anime (for 1993) with an intriguing plot. The dubbing into English certainly helps and is quite fitting by all accounts. And is certainly a leap forward from the original in terms of taking a more adult-orientated story.

Transformers The Movie is my favourite film of all time. But there are many Anime's that I love. Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Akira and GITS. Very soon Fist of the North Star is getting a US Blu-ray release and I can't weit. It's been close to 20 years since I last saw it.

"My Neighbour Totoro". I re-watch it whenever I need some soul-soothing... and it helps that my little niece and nephew love it too!

I just got a copy of this on DVD so my kids could watch. I hadn't seen it in decades. It still ignites the sense of wonder that I remembered.

I don't know that it counts as a "favourite" but, when I was yet a wee lad, there was an animated feature called Panda and the Magic Serpent, which came around, on television, about once every year; and I'd always make time to watch it. Released in 1958, apparently it was the first anime feature film to be produced in colour. Essentially it is an adaptation of a Song Dynasty Chinese folktale, "Legend of the White Snake", and Toei Animation Co. Ltd retained the Chinese-style characters and names. The decision to use a Chinese story was proposed by Toei president Hiroshi Ōkawa, who wanted to strike a tone of reconciliation with China after the Second World War.

I've been trying to find a copy of it but, so far, no luck.

Bugs life, toy story 1 and 2, but going anime, I love studio ghibli films, Princess Mononoke is a must see.

If partial animation counts then Real Steel. I love that movie! I remember me and my friends going to see it in the theaters thinking "this will probably be kind of dumb but it's Hugh Jackman fighting robots so it'll be kind of cool at least" and we all walked out being like "...so is it just me or was that a great movie?" Lol

If that doesn't count then probably Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. It's got a lot of nostalgia for me and I loved the animated series.

Five Centimeters per Second
A Delicate and quite bittersweet movie if you have an hour spare here's a link to a dubbed version

Any movie by Satoshi Kon (RIP). This man was a cinematic genius. Not only the montage, mise-en-scene of his movies are top-notch, but also all of his movies have meaning and messages that can make your life better. My favorite one is Perfect Blue.
Wolf Children. Werewolves are my favorite monsters of all time, and this movie not only has a very interesting take on it, but also managed to create a very poignant story.
I'm a fan of cyberpunk, so GITS and Akira are naturally some of my favorites.
I don't like Studio Ghibli very much. I think they're very overrated. My favorite movie there is Whisper of the heart, because it talks about being a young artist, the relationship between art and depression, etc. I also like Grave of the Fireflies. The movie that Miyazaki's son, Goro, made is one of the worst movies ever made. And Myazaki, the father, is overhyped.

I love the How to Train Your Dragon trilogy. It's a cinematic masterpiece IMO.
I'm also a big fan of underrated movies such as:
Rise of the Guardians
Treasure Planet
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole