What's your favourite mythical creature?

redzwritez

I love the creatures in fantasy story and mythology. I think my favourite myths are the Norse ones but I don't know if I have a favourite mythical creature.

Bramandin

Dragons. Probably the dragons from Dragonheart are my favorite as far as concept. I don't have a strict favorite visual design, but I like when they look like a believable creature.

I guess griffons if I had to be somewhat original, but I guess I don't have a particular love of anything else.

I did come up with a head-canon about gremlins. Basically they didn't appear until recently because before that they were brownies... Oh, I just looked up brownies to make sure that I had the right creature in mind; not so much of a head-canon.

Brownies and boggarts are both terms for household spirits, fairies that haunt the home. And sometimes, they're one and the same. An angered brownie will stop cleaning and doing chores around the house, and become a boggart, causing mischief and destruction.

Harpo

Please revive in 2035
Flying pigs. In 1978 I started putting a ‘Flying Pig Products’ copyright on things I created. I still do that.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
The Unicorn. :)

Last edited:

redzwritez

Dragons. Probably the dragons from Dragonheart are my favorite as far as concept. I don't have a strict favorite visual design, but I like when they look like a believable creature.

I guess griffons if I had to be somewhat original, but I guess I don't have a particular love of anything else.

I did come up with a head-canon about gremlins. Basically they didn't appear until recently because before that they were brownies... Oh, I just looked up brownies to make sure that I had the right creature in mind; not so much of a head-canon.
I do love dragons too. They're great fun and I love how different they are in different tales. Some dragons can talk, some dragons can't. Some dragons are big and scary like Tolkien's Smaug and some are more like pets like Terry Pratchett's swamp dragons.

Danny McG

You're not funny and nobody likes you
Hippies!

FB_IMG_1651953109875.jpg

alexvss

Me doesn't knows no grammar.
Werewolves. I like the fact that every culture had a more or less representation through the ages. In places where wolves aren't endemic, people change to other animals, e.g., weretiger and werehyena.

I love the creatures in fantasy story and mythology. I think my favourite myths are the Norse ones but I don't know if I have a favourite mythical creature.
Did you watch Lamb (2021)? It's an Icelandic movie, and features folklore from there. It's creepy AH.

chongjasmine

Formerly chongjasmine
I like dragons and phoenix, due to my Asian outbringing. I find these creatures beautiful.

redzwritez

I do love dragons too. They're great fun and I love how different they are in different tales. Some dragons can talk, some dragons can't. Some dragons are big and scary like Tolkien's Smaug and some are more like pets like Terry Pratchett's swamp dragons.

Werewolves. I like the fact that every culture had a more or less representation through the ages. In places where wolves aren't endemic, people change to other animals, e.g., weretiger and werehyena.

Did you watch Lamb (2021)? It's an Icelandic movie, and features folklore from there. It's creepy AH.
I haven't seen that movie actually. It sounds like something I'd really like though. I might try and find it somewhere I can watch it.

magpie Asylum

my favorite mythical creature is definitely the rational human. I've heard they exist but I'm not sure I've seen one.

Lamb was definitely not what I expected. It was great and weird..... a whole lot of weird.