Weebly Web design.

Yeah definitely, although the end of your 'about me' bit is hilarious. My biography is just a load of babble about what I wanted to do when I left school and what have you!

And yes, photos!

My post-school plan to become a professional gambler and/or criminal mastermind hasn't worked so far.

Or has it?

Hahaha.

Mwahahaha.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

[No, it hasn't].

Well, who am I to deny Mouseykins what she wants? I've just spent a while fiddling with it to try and ensure I didn't accidentally reveal a plot twist or make a hilarious yet obscene typo so I'll probably do that bit later today or tomorrow.

And no photos! [Except the banner one, which I must admit I like. Oh, and those little black and white ones].

Well done, Thaddeus. I love the banner photo. Very atmospheric.

A few comments.

I couldn't understand Mouse's remark about the hilarious "About Me" as I didn't see it first time round! After I'd gone searching I found it, but I think I must blank out the bit on the right, as it's usually unimportant. Definitely have a separate section with a bit more detail.

I agree with Mouse that you need photos, or illustrations at least. Most people like to see photos of the author him/herself, though since I still haven't got an up-to-date one of me up on mine I refuse to believe it's necessary (let them picture me as a beautiful 30 year old, I don't care...). You do, though, need something to break up the text and give visual interest to the pages, and on every page. Preferably something with colour, as it's a touch monochrome at present and might appear a bit (sorry) boring.

The font colours are similar if not the same as I use, I think, and I like them, but the lighter one needs to be made a touch darker to be easily readable. I think it would help, too, if you made the font larger throughout, as it's a bit titchy at present.

I'd reduce the width of the writing space, too, by having much bigger margins, which will help readability.

On the blog, you need to delete the automatic "First post" thing, as it looks a little odd there.

Hope those ideas help!

The Judge, (TJ? and why don't I know whether that's actually your nickname given I've been here for 5 years?), those are all welcome comments. I'll probably address those issues when I put up an About Me section.

Not sure what to do regarding the photo/picture.

I'll see whether it's possible to change the background as well. I'm a bit rubbish at technical things so I'm not sure, but if it is that could be another way to make it slightly less black and white. I'm loathe to change or remove the little pictures though, as I really quite like them (especially the book on the Lore - Realms page).

Glad you like the banner photo. It's actually both severely cropped and shrunk from the full size thingummyjig. I quite like it, and it's now lodged in my mind as the visual representation of the White Stag Mountains.

Using my amazing technical expertise (or, to be more precise, fiddling with every single number in the html editor until I happen to hit the right thing) I've managed to reduce the margins either side and get rid of the small 45 degree angle bits at the end of the menu bar which made it look awful.

I still need to change the left hand side of the menu bar so it doesn't jut out so much, and want to add a wallpaper/background, when I have one. The larger margins do make it easier to read, I think, plus a vertical type of wallpaper would fit in nicely.

Cheers for the feedback, Mouse and The Judge.

:D (I wanted to be a pony or a ninja.)

I wanted to be a ninja, too! I was ...err... probably a bit older than you with that desire, considering that I wrote it in my high school senior scrapbook as my "where I'll be in 10 years" bit. :eek:

I like all the websites posted in this thread so far! Are they their own hosting service as well? I see the addresses are all "something.weebly.com".

Thaddeus, I don't know anything about Sonic the Hedgehog, but isn't transmogrification a Calvin & Hobbes thing? Just checking. :p

At the risk of making myself look silly, I don't know anything about Calvin & Hobbes. I do remember, though, being surprised and impressed at learning about time paradoxes and similar things in books about Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mind you, I learnt about Indian gavials from Metal Gear Solid. Computer games = educational! [Sometimes].

Weebly do host the sites, but you can use a registered domain you already own and put a weebly-designed site onto that page, I think.

Looks well good, Thaddeus, I liked the humour on your home page. It reminds meI have a weebly booked somewhere, and should really sort it. Either that or bribe a very close rely who's a web designer... must really get my act together.

Thanks, Springs :)

Surely the advantage of family is that no money is needed for bribes as you can emotionally blackmail them for free?

I do intend to fiddle with it a bit more (I'd like to change the background and the Lore sections will need updating as I write more, plus I want to try and make more of the little black and white pictures).

Sounds promising :)

I wanted to be a ninja, too!

Who wouldn't want to be a ninja?!

I like all the websites posted in this thread so far! Are they their own hosting service as well? I see the addresses are all "something.weebly.com".
Yep, if you pay, you can get rid of the weebly bit entirely.

You can also redirect existing domain names to the site as thad says. So, my site address is ejtett.weebly.com but as I already own a domain name which is littered about on various promo bits and pieces, I have that directed to the site too. www.the-kingdom-of-malinas.co.uk

Maybe someone who is already a ninja, and is tired of ninjaring from nine to five and just wants to retire.

Or a morris dancer, whose favoured raiment (bells and white lace) is entirely incompatible with the ninja way of secrecy and stealth.

If anyone wants a Wordpress Blog on a .com or .co.uk domain. I have a web design business and we do this for £59.99 inc 12 months hosting.

Heres one I prepared earlier. The pages are currently being filled out on the site.

Or have a look at my own site here and forum here to see how good I am.

Or even a Twitter backdrop see @mrobsonauthor

Or a website Blyth All Weather Lifeboat

Apologies for the shameless self-promotion:)

Weebly looks useful. Some nice examples. The Murky Depths site has just been redesigned. I just stick to using Notepad.

I find a lot of Wordpress sites unimaginative and ... are Wordpress sites. Lot's of useful add-ins though and probably great if you take the time to design it so that updating is a doddle(ish). If you really know what Wordpress sites are capable of then you could come up with something special ... perhaps.