Were aliens responsible for achievements?

That works for me :) ;)

You know how it is, you go out for a night with the lads, have a bit too much to drink, before you know it you've accidentally laid waste to the walls of Jericho, but you can't tell the judge that story, so.... :D

There's another problem too - Graham Hancock (I think this is the chap you mean) talks utter rubbish pretty much every time he opens his mouth ...

He does nowadays, unfortunately. I liked him better before he started preaching the 'ayashkura' vine (sp?) ... shame

... Graham Hancock, Von Danniken(sp) and others of that ilk ...

Which is why he's landed himself in the position of now being equated with Von D, because in fact Graham Hancock does not bring aliens into it ...

He does nowadays, unfortunately. I liked him better before he started preaching the 'ayashkura' vine (sp?) ... shame

Which is why he's landed himself in the position of now being equated with Von D, because in fact Graham Hancock does not bring aliens into it ...

My favourite G. Hancock moment is when I was watching his program on BBC on ice-age coastal cities (and how there could be vastly old civilisations submerged on the sea bed all over the world.) He for some reason is flying in a plane above Nazca, and on camera he looks out and points out some big mounds and tells us something along the lines of
"These mysterious mounds could be cities. Who knows what secrets are buried under the earth there."

Then the very next program on the channel is about the Mummies of Nazca and the decades long archeological research and digs in the very same place. And it tells of a very interesting civilisation and probable history from the evidence.

If only Graham had done a little bit of research he would know! But I think it suits him for it to be 'mysterious' instead.

I think this highlights the madness of the Hancock's and Von D's, despite maybe occasionally coming out with some interesting minor thoughts, they believe that by themselves and brief visits to sites, they can fathom the 'secrets' of the ancient world. (and not just randomly connect up vast numbers of unconnected ideas to form a blockbusting hypothesis that sounds sexy...)

Instead you need decades of detailed and painstaking work, digging and recording, measuring and deducing to piece together hypothesis and probabilities.

... Instead you need decades of detailed and painstaking work, digging and recording, measuring and deducing to piece together hypothesis and probabilities.

You see, I don't think that's quite fair. Oh I know GH spouts off when he talks, but 'Fingerprints of the Gods' is a startling book, extremely well researched and reasoned, which has nothing to do with aliens.

To me it's a very powerful, what's the word: hypothesis?

He's done himself no service spouting off on platforms about his psychedelic experiences with jungle hallucinogens.

I believe 'Fingerprints' is an important work that has thrown open a whole new door.

Graham Hancock can't fairly be boxed with Von Danikien

You see, I don't think that's quite fair. Oh I know GH spouts off when he talks, but 'Fingerprints of the Gods' is a startling book, extremely well researched and reasoned, which has nothing to do with aliens.

To me it's a very powerful, what's the word: hypothesis?

He's done himself no service spouting off on platforms about his psychedelic experiences with jungle hallucinogens.

I believe 'Fingerprints' is an important work that has thrown open a whole new door.

Graham Hancock can't fairly be boxed with Von Danikien

I haven't read Fingerprints of the Gods, so it would be very unfair of me to say anything. Yes, I am being a bit harsh labelling him with Von Danikien, who I'd allege is a liar and more interested in commerical success than any truths.

Yes GH does not involve aliens, and he does give some interesting hypothesis and ideas. But it is my opinion, like many in the 'alternative' archeology scene he makes a big hypothesis, usually relatively sensationalist, and then tries to fit the observations and evidence to that, rather than do the boring, grinding work of finding the evidence first then coming up with a hypothesis that explains it.

But I am open minded, and I admit I haven't really read much of his recent work.

I don't know if this is the forum to discuss it, but perhaps you could bullet point me the main findings of his 'Fingerprints of the Gods'. I'm geuninely interested.

... I don't know if this is the forum to discuss it, but perhaps you could bullet point me the main findings of his 'Fingerprints of the Gods'. I'm geuninely interested.

Thank you :)

He says essentially that crustal shift was responsible for the last ice age, where the whole crust of the earth periodically slips over the mantle 'like the whole skin of an orange slipping over the orange' as he describes it -- thus the continents shift their latitude and longitude position on the globe, without changing their position relative to one another.

So an equatorial region can suddenly (very suddenly) find itself located at the pole, etc. It's not 'continental drift'. That's a completely different geological movement.

'Fingerprints' is well backed up by research that to me seems highly intelligent and reasonable. I thought it one of the most important and thought provoking, if not to say scary, books I've read. He backs up one conclusion before going on to the next level, one step at a time.

The time periods may be a bit off, but its dealing with 10 000yr time periods, so that's not too much of a stick to beat him with.

I think you might find it interesting VB. I was totally engrossed. He writes well too, he's an ex journalist.

I do find his latest talks with their Terrance MacKenna style endorsement of periodic ingestion of the hallucinogenic 'ayascura' vine very embarrassing for him. It makes me cringe. Whatever the spiritual (or not) value of DMT, it really doesn't belong with scientific research?

Last edited:
I think you might find it interesting VB. I was totally engrossed. He writes well too, he's an ex journalist.

I'll keep an eye out for it. I always give book a fair chance when reading it (that goes with fiction as well as non-fiction). I've got his first - The Sign and the Seal, his hunt for the ark of the covenant.

Oh no, I haven't read it.
What's it like?

I believe it was RH's first foray into alternative histories. As such it's a bit of a hybrid beast - a bit of a real life travelog and mystery-driven wander through biblical history.

I wouldn't say that it's earth shattering and it's sort-of reasonable in it's claims (i.e. compared with a whole swath of Templar-induced quackery that The Blood and the Holy Grail unleashed on the world.) But then again it's a bit shoestring and he does make a few leaps in the dark.

If you like Old testament conspiracy theory, it's the book for you!

I can't say I have read his work but I hope he backs up that crustal shift theory with the magnetic evidence in rocks.

If you like Old testament conspiracy theory, it's the book for you!

On the other hand, if you like New Testament Conspiracy Theory, read Holger Kersten's book:'Jesus Lived in India' a well-researched account of his life after the crucifixion*... why his mother is buried in Mari, for instance. Since it does somewhat challenge all the teachings of Christianity, it's naturally very controversial...

* should that be 'crucifiction'?

ps: I remember why I came on this thread now: if you want to read a 'proper' conspiracy theory about Aliens, that does have a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it, read 'The Only Planet of Choice' which details how earth was seeded by aliens... strangely enough, there's never been a sequel to it...

And weirder still, have you noticed that the guy who started this thread only posted once, and was never seen again??

Last edited:
'crucifiction'?

careful we'll get moderated if we go down this route!

ps: I remember why I came on this thread now: if you want to read a 'proper' conspiracy theory about Aliens, that does have a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it, read 'The Only Planet of Choice' which details how earth was seeded by aliens... strangely enough, there's never been a sequel to it...

<cue thunder in the distance and the music of X-files>

And of course Zecharia Sitchin essentially wrote about this too. Even throws in an extra planet for the Solar system. Result!

Relating to this "Did aliens come to Earth in prehistory". Do you know if anyone has 'solved' the problem of how the Dogon tribe (in Mali I think) knew quite a lot about the Star Sirius - i.e. that it's actually a binary star and that one orbits the other every 50 years - apparently well, well before any Western scientist discovered this?

And weirder still, have you noticed that the guy who started this thread only posted once, and was never seen again??

<cue thunder in the distance and the music of X-files>

She might be put off by calling her a man ;). At least I'd assume that, she talks about her husband in the post. I don't know if they do gay marriage in LatAm.

Back