Sci-Fi vs Fantasy

Who will win

• Sci-Fi

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
I'd like to reference the first post - fantasy because something has given the unicorns gas. It's infiltrated all the spaceships. In fact at the end only unicorns and those with gas masks and no sense of smell survive.

Neither.

Being mutually exclusive, I doubt they can see each other.

Although I have a preference for science fiction, I have enjoyed many a good fantasy novel. From my view, science fiction hasn't quite yet had as good a work of literature as The Lord of the Rings (fantasy). But, again, I may be mistaken - and, anyway, it's so subjective.

Hyperion
The Fall of Hyperion
Endymion

by Dan Simmons

Maybe not. :p But I loved them as much as I did LotR.;)

I still chose fantasy.

EDIT:

harrypothead said:
i think im in love with both equally, if only they had a love child ....

Fantasy is a fickle mistress. But I'm sure there's at least one love child in the mountains of books out there. ;)

Last edited:
Fantasy would win strictly speaking magic is connected to everything, I also think it to be more instantaneous. speak a word and anything can happen where as if you have a gun all that can happen is you shoot something. Love the question though

Based on that picture, I think Fantasy has the edge... it just seems like flying castles and magic are probably going to beat anything Sci-Fi throws at it :)

I cannot believe so many people are voting that a standard fantasy world would defeat a space operatic ftl-capable star power. What is this; bloody KRULL? :)

Don't mind that lot, mate. Join me in my spaceship and we'll bomb them into submission from orbit. Brute force, it may not fix the problem, but you will feel better afterwards! :cool:

Science fiction is restricted by the laws of science. Fantasy is only restricted by the boundaries of the imagination.

The Force allows an X-Wing to blow up the Death Star - is that science or magic?

Starwars is a fantasy... as for for the thread, I think fantasy would win. Could you imagine a Kraken with the one ring... You can only fit so many lasers to a ship, but with fantasy you can always grow more limbs!

Science is just a bunch of theories. Plus, Science-Fiction is obviously untrue because it has the word fiction in it.

It's not Fantasy-Fiction - just Fantasy. Because it's real. Dragons and Unicorns are real, and stuff.

So, logically, Fantasy will win.