1.03 Game of Thrones - Lord Snow

Um where's Ghost,.. seriously, where, is, GHOST!?

Still enjoying... Thought this episode was a little dull.

More Imp please...

I just posted a new thread about this. Ghost's absence is becoming more and more obvious, and that bothers me.

You say the episode was a little dull, and I agree. While it is well acted, the series seems to be missing GRRM's magical touch that really breathed life into the books.

Tyrion is already my favorite character, as he was in the books (Peter Dinklage is awesome).

Best episode so far by a country mile. And NCW almost sounded the part!

All the dire wolves have been pretty absent so far. I'm guessing the wolves are just a very difficult thing to do well so they're being used as sparingly as possible. Especially when they get to be very large in latter parts of the show it's going to cost a lot of money for good looking CG whenever they get used.

Oh yeah, you kind of see Ghost in one scene of episode 2. A long-view shot of Jon and Tyrion's camp before they have their chat about the Night's Watch.

I missed Ghost too, loved the Dancing Lesson :)

Series is getting more gritty and better as it goes along, just going to be hard fitting it all in, Jaime is actually growing on me a little, like Jon's scenes with Grenn and pip thought they came round a little too easily lol, I enjoyed the extra insight to Joff and Cersei's relationship, the little grrrrr, mind you he seemed taken with Sansa more in print

I loved this episode. The actor playing Benjen is very good. I thought the scene with Syrio was excellently done and I loved the part at the end where Ned is watching on hearing sounds of real battle in his mind.

Yoren came across as rather clean in the episode. I always pictured him as dirtier and tougher looking. But as an added scene between himself, Tyrion and Ben it was very good. This is moving along at a rather nice pace.

I really liked the scene with Ned and Araya. Rereading the books I really felt the warmth and love Ned felt for his kids especially Bran and Araya.

Looking forward to...Hodor Hodor!

Yoren came across as rather clean in the episode. I always pictured him as dirtier and tougher looking. But as an added scene between himself, Tyrion and Ben it was very good. This is moving along at a rather nice pace.

I agree. I think the actor playing Benjen looks more like what I was expecting of Yoren - thin face and oily hair. This Yoren looks too plump and clean.

Maybe the makeup department mixed up the two? ;)

My favorites (casting) so far:

1) Tyrion (awesome)
2) Arya (superb)
3) King Robert (exactly as I imagined him)
4) Ned (looks older than I expected, but Sean Bean plays the part well)
5) Catelyn (also looks older than I expected, but she is an excellent actress)

The rest I'm getting used to...

I especially liked the scene where Tyrion intervenes when the three guys were starting the attack on Jon. I can't say enough about Peter Dinklage as Tyrion.

I did enjoy the scene with Araya's "dancing lesson" a thanks to CK for pointing out the sounds of reall battle and the look on Ned's face while watching her lesson. Say was Araya a lefty in the books?:rolleyes:

I don't think that battle Ned was recalling was an ordinary one. Can't say much more on this board, I'll post further thoughts on the lit board.

I loved this episode. The actor playing Benjen is very good. I thought the scene with Syrio was excellently done and I loved the part at the end where Ned is watching on hearing sounds of real battle in his mind.

Echoed - nice episode building up some pace. :)

Say was Araya a lefty in the books?:rolleyes:
Apparently so:
Despite being right-handed, Maisie Williams is holding their Needle replica – a gift from George R.R. Martin himself – in her left hand, as Arya would.
Ms Williams says elsewhere that she hadn't read the books, but her parents had; they told her that Arya was left-handed, so she decided that she'd appear likewise.

Um where's Ghost,.. seriously, where, is, GHOST!?

If you are referring to the dire wolves I suspect that they are having hard time on rendering those animals as the all the Dire Wolves on Earth has been declared dead long time ago.

Another thing is that how much the dire wolves contribute to the overall story, are they props or actual story devices? If they are really important story devices then I suspect that the producers will find enough of money to render the CGI animal(s) to the right places.

So far my favorite is Arya (who is my fav character in the books). Tyrion is great too but i did imagine him being a lot uglier.
I wasn't too impressed by "littlefinger", not at all how i imagined him and the actor (who i thought was great in The Wire) seems a bit too expresionless and not quite as witty as he should be.

Apparently so:
Ms Williams says elsewhere that she hadn't read the books, but her parents had; they told her that Arya was left-handed, so she decided that she'd appear likewise.

Can you imagine the excitement her parents must be feeling having their daughter play Araya?

Also with the absence of the Direwolves what the viewer (and especially the ones that have not read the books) is missing is the psychic connection the kids have with the Wolves, most notably Bran.

Yoren, he could still end up dirty... I guess. But he's a small player so I'm not that bothered by it, Renly however,... Anyone else extremely underwhelmed by that guy?

Dany not making Viserys walk... I heard there is a confrontation coming up that will work as a substitute. The scene was added too early for her to make that decision. She has to be more comfortable in her new role (like she was at the end of the episode).

(possibly a small spoiler)
I'm hoping the fight to save The Old Bear is Ghost's coming out party but it will still be too late, he's a part of the Jon Snow mystique.. No idea what they are thinking.

People who haven't read the books seem to like the series just as much or even more then those who have. Perhaps because they don't know what happens to the characters, which is one big reason why it hooked us while reading the books. If it can hook non book readers for same reason we could be in for a long series..... fingers crossed

I was expecting Renly to be taller, more imposing and a lot prettier :)

road%20house.jpg

Yeah me to.

That's my only issue with the episode (besides the Jamie issue:mad:). Things are really starting to look good now, all the stories are moving forward. We know a bit more about people etc. good times.

Ayra continues to blow me sideways - great scenes with Ned and SYRIO - loved the 'dancing lessons'. Jaime gets better and better, really liking Dany - seemed positively chaste in this one;). Renly the only dissapointment, I'm going to give Baelish time to grow. He's a good actor (I think) and will hopefully ahve some great scenes to really get to work on.

The wolves are missed and will have to apear again at key points so you think they'd keep them around if only in the background.

Another thing is that how much the dire wolves contribute to the overall story, are they props or actual story devices? If they are really important story devices then I suspect that the producers will find enough of money to render the CGI animal(s) to the right places.

Possible spoiler(highlight): They appear in some pretty key scenes and storylines; so yeah, it's a little strange.