The Fantastic Three? Goodbye, Alliteration...

Pyan

Gaudete! Ver adest iterum!
Staff member
Supporter
I hope Marvel know what they're doing...:eek:

Comic superheroes the Fantastic Four are to become three with one character to be killed in the January edition, Marvel has announced.

But the publishers will not reveal whether it will be Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch or The Thing who will die in issue 587.

BBC News - Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four to become three

Look at all the Reeds there have been lately. Whoever goes it shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement.

And let's face it this is not the first time that a member of the FF has been killed off...

This fad of killing off heroes to rekindle sales is getting to be a bit bothersome.
It was a stroke of genius when Cap bit the bullet, it flowed nicely into the story. But Batman and now this...neah, boring.

Yup. Reed stretches till he finally snaps. Torch implodes. Invisi-Girl fades out permanently. The Fantastic Nada. The Fantastic Zip, Nowt, Zero. I'd go see that.

...and the dead one will be wordlessly resurrected in the next round of reset-button pushing that Marvel do.....forgive my cynicism, but that's how the buggers work.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman have died in the past and come back, and surprised that this has garnered attention.

Even mention of a Fantastic Three is surprising as ion the past when one of the original four vanishes they have been replaced by someone else (Most notably She-Hulk).

I also do not understand the need for a major announcement - obviously to try and increase sales, but recently in the major X-Men crossover Second Coming a major character was killed (in fact two) apart from the fact that we knew 'one would die... one would sacrifice" we did not really know who it was, so when the moment came it was more shocking and a 'wow' moment.

They'll find them again the negative zone looking all confused, have a huge fight until their memory returns and then they'll be back! Done!