Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel (2009)

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
This comedy concerns three ordinary Londoners who discover a Time portal inside the gentlemen's toilet of their local pub. It is filled with SF and film references, and although low budget, is very well done. A BBC/HBO production, I had never heard of it before it was shown on BBC2 tonight, which was apparently it's premier showing.

I have to say I liked it, though I've just been reading a discussion on IMDb about the one star given to it by the Radio Times. "A cast-off red Dwarf script." Digital Spy gives it four stars. It is all mostly shot in the same two rooms and a corridor within a pub, but look beyond that to the paradoxes created; the BTTF-type not meeting themselves scenes; the scene where everyone is dressed as them - which I thought would be 'The Man Who Folded Himself' moment, but is really just a future themed-party.

The amusing parts for me came in the endless movie quotes - "we only have 14 hours to save the world" and such. And the complicated time travelling actually makes sense and is totally internally consistent.