Neal Asher, Andy Remic, Keith Brooke: Conflicts

Ian Whates

Author and Editor
Yes, sigh, another new book from NewCon Press! :D

CONFLICTS

– A spaceship hurtles into the unknown carrying humanity’s last hope, but does it also carry the seeds of its own doom? –

– The galaxy’s ultimate facilitator finds himself pursued by relentless enemies, while, of greater importance, there’s a puzzle to be solved –

– A rescue mission to a hostile alien world turns out to be far more than it seems –

– The Celtic nation has reclaimed its homeland, forcing the English into impoverished enclaves, but hot-headed English youth isn’t about to take that lying down –

– A trivial disagreement between two off-duty super soldiers out for some R&R escalates and escalates, eventually endangering an entire world –

Thirteen tales of human striving, of ingenuity, brilliance, desperate action, violence, and resolution. Thirteen tales of Conflict, of Science Fiction at its absolute best.

Contents:
  • Introduction – Ian Whates
  • Psi.Copath – Andy Remic
  • The Maker’s Mark – Michael Cobley
  • Sussed – Keith Brooke
  • The Cuisinart Effect – Neal Asher
  • Harmony in My Head – Rosanne Rabinowitz
  • Our Land – Chris Beckett
  • Fallout – Gareth L. Powell
  • Proper Little Soldier – Martin McGrath
  • War Without End – Una McCormack
  • Dissimulation Procedure – Eric Brown
  • In the Long Run – David L. Clements
  • Last Orders – Jim Mortimore
  • Songbirds – Martin Sketchley
  • About the Authors
Available as an A5 paperback: £9.99
Limited edition of 150 dust-jacketed
hardbacks, numbered and signed by all £18.99

The book will be launched at a party (free drinks!) at Eastercon, on Friday 2nd April, but can be preordered now at: www.newconpress.co.uk

Attachments

• paperfrontA comp.jpg
    paperfrontA comp.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 195
Sounds really exciting, Ian - I look forward to seeing this (especially if I can persuade my other half to let me come to at least some of Eastercon...)! :)

Cheers, Chopper! That Andy Bigwood knows what he's doing, no question.

And yes, Patrick, you must make Eastercon! Just explain to your wife that this isn't an option, it's an imperative! :)