Plastic (Teflon) Hair and Wound-Healing Parasites?

oddity

Alright, when I was much younger I remember that I began reading a book that, for the life of me, I cannot remember anything about other than these "snippets"...

1) The main protagonist spreading some balm or ointment on his wounds, which fed small parasites in his skin that helped him heal (Not like some super-healing, just helped the blood clot, I guess). Then the woman he met trying to pick the wormy parasites from his pores while he was passed out because she didn't know they were helping him. He woke up, stopped her, and explained to her, rather gruffly, what they were doing and then grew even more annoyed because it'd take a long time for more of the parasites to grow, since she'd removed and killed very many.

2) Something about plastic or teflon-coated hair, and it crackled with electricity at one point, I do believe. Possibly, his hair was entirely made of plastic, but not entirely sure. I was about 7 when I read the book, and I'm 18 now.

3) A candy-striped baton/stick/nightstick. The protagonist used the same weapon, he just had different variants of it, and I believe it was a nightstick-type weapon, and his favorite one was candy-striped.

4) I'm not extremely sure, but I think the book was some future-type deal, but don't hold me to that.

Please, I would much appreciate help with this; I've been pulling all my own little tricks for the past week to find this book, but I just can't seem to find it.

The bit about plastic hair makes me want to say "the artificial kid" by somebody somebody somebody ( can't remember ! ). I know this is an old query that I'm responding to !

Last edited: