The Greatest Jedi of All

I can't BELIEVE no one voted for Obi-Wan. Come on, he's the best Jedi in Every movie. Sam Jackson a Jedi? Please, it never worked. That was the worst acting I've ever seen him do. Ki Adi Mundi? Please, freakin' conehead. He had maybe 7 lines. Any Darth doesn't count, you people show know Sith lords aren't Jedi. Yoda was tied to Frank Oz's wrist until the new movies. Luke nearly gave into the Dark side. Obi-Wan rocks, and that's that.
In the films i would say Obi-Wan was the best Jedi, he did everything right for most of his part.
I agree with Sam Jackson not working as a Jedi, just didn't seem right, we were all lead to believe off Lucas that he was going to be this master of the light saber. He looked uncomfortable holding it, quite robotic also.
The acting though i would not blame anyone else but Lucas for. The lines they were given were terrible. I heard he took several shots of the acting scenes and took the worst takes to the print. If Yoda could have a say on this he would say "Surrounded by Yes Men, George Lucas has become" :D

I'd agree with that. As with the Love story between Anakin and Padme, the Powerful Jedi such as Mace were only scripted to be powerful, but there wasn't anything that was seen to make us think that he was powerful. I think Lucas resorted too much to that and was a bit lazy IMO.

I don't know about who was the most powerful, but of all the Jedi seen, i did like Obi-Wan the most. (I liked Aayla Secura too, but for a whole load of other reasons. :p:D)

This thread - Wow! Just wow!

For what it's worth, the greatest Jedi of all is unknown to us, of the ones we know, I vote for the cute like green imp called Yoda.

So I've been reading some of the Legacy comics (because I am pure awesome and don't say anything otherwise) and the main character is those which I have just had a mental blank of what his name is, is pretty damn cool.

Cade Skywalker is his name.
Have you read the whole series, pateesa?

Eh, what ever happened to the blue ball?

Last edited:
Cade Skywalker is his name.
Have you read the whole series, pateesa?

Eh, what ever happened to the blue ball?

I haven't read it all, just the first one. It is quite hard to find over here... Actually it is hard to find comics over here so finding Legacy is even harder. I'm thinking about ebooking it though...

The blue ball vanished and is on my other computer so when I felt it was time for a change I had to think of something else. The blue ball may come back one day.

Ah, well, get your hands on them when you can. There are over 40 issues out now. Maybe it will come out in TPB fo rmuch $. It's really quite well done, with top-notch art, though the dialogue could use a touch up, I think. I'm really getting tired of the Huttese slang they overuse in it.

Must be nice having two computers.

Well one is the family computer and the other is my beautiful macbook that sent me broke.

Wow over forty? I thought there was ten of them or something like that, because that is all I've seen. Might be a bit slow coming to Australia maybe.

p.s. isn't this thread the greatest jedi of all time - why the hell is everyone talking about darth this & darth that?

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. The Emperor would explode in anger if he hears people are calling him a jedi. :rolleyes: I think many jedi were awesome, some simply because they were jedi. I doubt Mace Windu would have been as awesome as he was if he didn't have any force powers. Anyway, my list:

1. Yoda
2. Mace Windu
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

sideous did not get defeated by mace it was just a ploy to get anakin on to his side by saving him.

I dont agree. Mace had defeated Sideous before Anakin had entered the room.

I personally do not believe that Sideous was capable of knowing that Anakin would turn up a split second after he was defeated.

Yeah, well, it did look like Darth Sidious had everything under control. That everything happened the way he had foreseen it. It was obviously that Sidious was overreacting when he told he was weak and couldn't hold on any longer. I'm not sure if he was actually beaten or let his guard down on purpose. Or that it was something in between.

Yeah, well, it did look like Darth Sidious had everything under control. That everything happened the way he had foreseen it. It was obviously that Sidious was overreacting when he told he was weak and couldn't hold on any longer. I'm not sure if he was actually beaten or let his guard down on purpose. Or that it was something in between.

I thought Sidious was beaten fair and square by Mace. Yes he overreacts when Anakin is in the room, out of desperation? He did not have to be weak to be beaten by Mace, just lack the saber skills. It's well within reason to assume Mace was the superior saber wielder.

Plus, didn't Sidious destroy his personal apperance in the process of killing Mace, which could suggest he was weak at the time. Ok, Sidious could have done this on purpose to curry favor against the jedi.

But, as a previous poster suggested, the whole scheme seemed very risky. Without planning to the exact second, he was dead, and all this while under attack from four jedi. He could have simple killed all four, and still warped Anakin mind, and easily have persuaded the senate without making himself look butt ugly.

There is no concrete evidence to suggest that he foresaw everything happening the way it did, and yet there is no concrete evidence to suggest that he didn't foresee everything.

All I know is, by the end of the movie, he achieved almost everything he'd been working towards for the entirety of the series. He'd raised his Empire, destroyed the jedi order, and acquired Darth Vader.

I thought Sidious was beaten fair and square by Mace. Yes he overreacts when Anakin is in the room, out of desperation? He did not have to be weak to be beaten by Mace, just lack the saber skills. It's well within reason to assume Mace was the superior saber wielder.

Plus, didn't Sidious destroy his personal apperance in the process of killing Mace, which could suggest he was weak at the time. Ok, Sidious could have done this on purpose to curry favor against the jedi.

But, as a previous poster suggested, the whole scheme seemed very risky. Without planning to the exact second, he was dead, and all this while under attack from four jedi. He could have simple killed all four, and still warped Anakin mind, and easily have persuaded the senate without making himself look butt ugly.

I don't think he lost deliberately. He was trying to defeat Mace Windu, I'm pretty sure of that. But I do believe he foresaw that Anakin would become his apprentice and he himself would be the master. I believe he knew he would survive anyway.

There is no concrete evidence to suggest that he foresaw everything happening the way it did, and yet there is no concrete evidence to suggest that he didn't foresee everything.

All I know is, by the end of the movie, he achieved almost everything he'd been working towards for the entirety of the series. He'd raised his Empire, destroyed the jedi order, and acquired Darth Vader.

Yes, isn't that wonderful? :cool: Seeing the villain win for a change.

Darth Sidious had the entire situation under control. If you look carefully, during his duel with Windu, there is a moment when Mace is caught off-guard and Sidious has his lightsabre at Windu's chest. Windu looks peeved at the fact that this dark lord seems to be toying with him.
On a side note, the only time Palpatine seems sincerly worried if he will survive is after his rescue by Anakin, Obi-Wan and R2 while trying to pilot General Grievous' half a ship down to the surface of Coruscant.

Oh yeah, I still think Qui-Gon is the greatest Jedi. He may not be the greatest bad-ass with the sabre, but he was loyal to the Force to his end and he did it while not falling under the corrupting, lackadaisical, over-confidence that plagued so many other Jedi. He was good, but not too good. Where did he get that power cell for Ani's podracer with no money? Gambling other people's property and making stands against the council? He must have been doing something right, he found the way to Force immortality.
It's not that I'm advocating theft, but I'm sure all of Watto's dealings were not on the level and the situation presented itself with a conscience clearing act to a greater cause. Qui-Gon would have reasoned that and not taken it from an honest shopkeeper.

Qui-Gon is the reason for the (almost) eradication of the Jedi and the rise of the Empire. He also defied Yoda and the council to have Anakin trained.

Loyal, I think not.

Qui-Gon knew how to handle Anakin, even with his early stages of fear and anger. He treated him like a person. He treated him with love. He believed in him, and everyone unsure of themselves needs that. That is basic psychology, but he was firm with him when he needed to be, too. When he took Anakin to the council, they sat smug in their chairs and did not make him feel welcome what so ever. They shrugged him off like he was a faulty piece of machinery. They were cold toward him because their heart's were already cocky and too sure of themselves. Yoda was the only one who realized this only a little too late, but he did realize it in time to survive himself.
The council was responsible for allowing their own eradication through their arrogant blindness as Palpatine exploited this for his own selfish gains.

Last edited:

Back