Dr Who (new series)

The Master™

Science fiction fantasy
Episode: Rose

Aired: 26th March 2005, BBC 1, 7pm...

Well, wasn't sure what I was expecting... Probably something a little more SFX intensive... But I enjoyed it...

*******SPOILER********

Rose Tyler (Billie Piper) seems to be an average London girl who lives in a Council flat with her mother and works in a clothing store... She has to go see the electrian in the basement, only to be attacked by some walking shop dummies... But is saved by The Doctor (Christopher Ecclestone)...

And so begins this adventure...

There are some funny points in the episode when Rose tells the Doctor that he sounds like he is from "The North", to which he replies that most planets do have a north!!! :D

I liked the subtle parts... Like seeing the enlarged inside of the TARDIS over the Doctor's shoulder...

Can't wait for the next episode... :D

Well, I tried very hard not to get my hopes up about this reincarnation of the Doctor and I was disappointed none the less.
I thought the acting was wooden (and not plastic) and the story was basically Corrie with Autons. The scene in the restaurant made me cringe.
The old Dr Who series had an element of danger/fear to them. This new one was a parody & joke all the way through. I just get angry thinking about how they've treated it. Neither Red Dwarf level parody nor Outer Limits style sci-fi thriller, some horrible mish-mash which falls short of the mark.

Very disappointed all in all, although I will continue watching in the vague hope that it may improve.

I liked it but do agree that the humour was too much to the fore - but we have to bear in mind that there was actually a bit of humour in the original series as well so it shouldn't be all that surprising to find it here (even if it was a bit forced sometimes).

It's always difficult to judge a new series on the first episode as it will evolve with each passing storyline. I hope (and believe) that the signs are good. Not perfect but a big step in the right direction.

My prediction: A Hit! :)

I've missed the last few episodes, although I've read that the effects have been kept at the really low budget end of the speectrum.

C'mon, what the heck are the people producing the show thinking?

With current technology for effects and the whole multiverse to explore, they could do alot of things.