May's Photo Challenge

Lioness

Thanks for voting for me!

This month's challenge is something I thought of while we had the 'Silhouettes' topic. It came to me while I was looking through photos trying to decide whether it was a silhouette or not.

So, this month's topic is:

Shadows

Whether that shadow be of a person, a thing, or even completely figurative.

I look forward to seeing some very good pictures (as always)

Same rules as always apply -

- 2 photos per person
- Only previously unposted photos
- Voting will begin on the 27th

Good shooting!

Intriguing. I'll be up early tomorrow to head to work (!) so I'll take my camera and see what shadows I can find in the city...

I've seen a lot of really good photos here. How do you choose which photo are good enough for entry and which are not?

I've seen a lot of really good photos here. How do you choose which photo are good enough for entry and which are not?

With great difficulty. I usually ask mum/siblings/boyfriend/anyone.

I narrow it down to a few decent ones and go from there.

Ha ha, I warn you Rodders if your thinking of entering, you're in the big leagues here! LOL :D

The quality of the photos are extremely high but if you're considering entering, give it a go (I'm going to).
At worst I'm hoping to get tips for improvement, at best.... a pathway to fame and taking pictures of the famous (hmmm, maybe aiming a little high at this point, OK, I'll settle for having some fun then! LOL).

I had the perfect photo for this subject, but I took it about 30 years ago, on my little 110 zoom, and colours have faded, plus the quality wasn't great to start with.
I was standing at dawn on the edge of a mountain, with the sun behind me throwing my shadow kilometres across a mist filled (or for those below perhaps a cloud roofed) valley.

And, centred round me, created by the water droplets in the mist, a rainbow.

Magic.

Can you scan it and let us see even if you don't want to enter it officially, maybe in the reject or o' the day thread? Sounds lovely. Maybe you can photoshop it for color saturation or someting...

I think it. I was just thinking the other day that shadows are one of the coolest and interesting things

Here are my entries.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Do I dare. Yes, very much so. Enjoy, mortals, and please sympothize my inability to take a non-blurry picture, seeing as to that I've only claws.

Attachments

• A ship.jpg
    A ship.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 242
Alright, my efforts for this month. The first is an abstract shot of my wife's Gorillapod. Came out a little War of the Worlds-ish:

3537699726_cce8e2566a_b.jpg

The second is a shot of a shadowy Tobes:

3537685044_d116b48379_b.jpg

Oh, wow. Time is flying this month. PB, I like your dragon, and Cul, I am such a sucker for a cute cat! Here is my first, and hopefully not last entry.

Attachments

• lou in the air2.jpg
    lou in the air2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 223
Cul, I love the first one.

BS...I tried clicking on the thumbnail but it would get bigger. Hence, I can't comment on it properly beacuse I can't really see it.

I really should get a move on...I will put my batteries on charge tonight and take my camera to school with my tomorrow.