Dream Cast for Farseer Movie!!

shadow-rat

My boyfriend has just started reading the Farseer Trilogy, and hopes to go on and read all of the Hobb books (as I have). We were having some fun today and came up with what we think is a super cool cast list for the main characters from the Farseer Trilogy...

I'd love to hear opinions, suggestions for alternative people to play characters or new character ideas!! Just for fun, of course: I don't have a million dollars to go out and make the movie or anything!

The people we've chosen on here just happen to be mostly british actors, but feel free to offer suggestions for others if you think they'd be better!

Enjoy ;)

Shadow xx

Attachments

• FarseerMovie2.jpg
    FarseerMovie2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 22,820
Hmmm I just found the old old thread about this (2007) and was interested to hear others' ideas... I like the idea of Tilda Swinton for the Fool... But maybe it should be portrayed as a man as the Fool and as a woman for Amber, just to show that it is the other characters' perception that is being portrayed rather than the actual character.... Just a thought! That way it could be Doug Jones (Abe Sapien from Hellboy, in case people don't know him...) for the Fool and Tilda Swinton as Amber.

Would love to hear other thoughts on this!!

Shadow xx

I do like most of your casting. I don't know about Eric Bana for Verity. I myself had always pictured Rufus as Regal! I like Gwenyth as well. For some reason I always pictured Burrich as part Indian?

I think Warwick Davis could play Nighteyes...LOL (that was a joke)

I always picture Ray Winston as Burrich as well. I would dump Ian McKellen though and give his part to Patrick Stewart. I also thing that as well as looking like he has had an allergic reaction to a bee sting, Jamie Bell along with Minnie Driver & Doug Jones look too old for those parts.

Edit: Maybe David Tennant as Verity, but only on the condition that he reins in the ridiculous OTT gurning that he does on Doctor Who! :)

Last edited:
I always picture Ray Winston as Burrich as well. I would dump Ian McKellen though and give his part to Patrick Stewart. I also thing that as well as looking like he has had an allergic reaction to a bee sting, Jamie Bell along with Minnie Driver & Doug Jones look too old for those parts.

Edit: Maybe David Tennant as Verity, but only on the condition that he reins in the ridiculous OTT gurning that he does on Doctor Who! :)

Ray Winston would be nothing like Burrich, Burrich had a long face and dark beard!

David Tennant is slight enough and thin faced enough to play 'The Fool' - well in a blonde wig anyway. I think he could do a good job of looking haughty as Lord Golden - but something would have to be done about his eyes! Don't know any actor with such pale eyes, white then light amber!

The Fool - Johnny Depp, just has to be.

Kettricken - Cate Blanchett? Though not the most attractive (Actually I don't remember Kettricken ever being mentioned as attractive anyway) but she'd really pull off the stubborn queen.

Hehehe loving these comments guys...

Xoanon, you're totally right about the age thing for Fitz, the Fool and Minnie Driver... I must admit, I just couldn't think of ANYONE who would work any better in any of those parts. I thought Jamie Bell had a pretty good "look" for a teenaged Fitz, and he can do stubbornness and brooding fairly well! But I can honestly not think of anyone better suited age-wise to any of those parts! I'll admit also, I am re-reading Tawny Man at the moment, so it was easier for me to picture those older people in those parts - maybe they would be ok for the Tawny Man movies?! lol...
Beloved, I'm really not sure about David Tennant as the Fool, I must admit! You're right about his gurning in Dr Who, I think that along with his awful "London" accent would ruin the Fool! I wasn't totally convinced by Doug Jones either, but once again, could think of noone better! Maybe they'd need to find some unknown young actor for The Fool.... OOOHH! That has just given me an idea! I know a kid called Luke Newberry (he's on IMDB VERY briefly! Think there is one picture!) I grew up with him and he has half-made-it in the movie world (bit parts), but he is very effeminite looking, very bendy and has the paleness for sure! lol maybe I could make the movie and give him the part! He's a very good little actor, too...

Shadow xx

Hmm, just looked again at his profile on IMDB, and it does not show him off well at all! He looks a lot different now...

Also, liking the idea of Cate Blanchett for Kettricken, I thought Gwynnie had a slightly better Kettricken "look", but she's not strong-willed enough really, so Cate would do nicely!

What about Emilia Clarke for Kettricken? Also, I see Cate Blanchett as potentially a good Fool. She certainly pulled off crossdressing well in I'm Not There!

www*listal*com/viewimage/4092833

How about this?
I like jeff bridges as Burrich as he seems more 'wise' than ray winstone
Walken as an assassin with a political view and a mystery about it
DiCaprio as Regal for regal is sometimes scheming and sometimes all about his looks. Sewell is not frivolous enough...
Rachael Taylor is too pretty to be kettricken but she's strong !
And Joan Cusack as patience. I find her more 'litterate' than Bonham-Carter who's has a physical strength to her characters Patience lacks...
Finaly I like Stanley Tucci as Galen...

Attachments

• farseer.jpg
    farseer.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 5,624