Fringe

Michael01

Coven of the Worm
The people who love you are worth more than gold.
I was going to add this in the section for TV shows, but it seems there's no way to start a new thread there (as far as I can tell). Anyway...

Has anyone else seen this (Fringe)? I just caught it on Hulu and I think it's just incredible - like X-Files for the 21st century. Science on the "fringe" or "pseudo-science" in practice. It's both crazy and interesting. I can't get enough of it.

I couldn't agree more. It's a very good show, way better than whats currently on on TV these days. Well acted, excellent story and I was amazed that the SFX is almost cinema quality, nice big budget. I like the X-Files style influence, really getting tired of middle aged women with their problems or stupid girls with braces working for fashion magazines, or guys breaking in and out of prison the whole time, or whats currently on in my country is all 3 CSI show are on during the week. Our network here sux.

I like what I have seen so far... Though the story arc needs to advance a bit this season. Lots a questions..few answers.... The reason I gave up on Lost, X Files etc

Yes, I'd like to see it advance a bit too, although not too fast. I wouldn't want it to be another Star Trek or Dark Angel. Still, there are a lot of unanswered questions.

I don't know much about what's on TV, though. Lately I've been getting all my TV shows online. I always forget, no matter how much I like a show, to "tune in next week" (haha). I really like Heroes, but I missed everything beyond the 18th episode. Now if I try to go back to it, I'll be totally lost.

After seeing the first 10 episodes of Fringe, though, I will at least try to remember to look for it on TV next week. I'd like to see it on a bigger screen anyway. Besides, as they often do in these shows, it ended with a cliffhanger. Can't let that go. :)

Anyone know when episode 11 is scheduled to air? Or have I already missed it?

They are trying rather hard to milk the X-files.... Still, it's not bad. Best is the loony doctor; his seamless switches from profound observations to silliness are worth the price of admission alone.

I never watch "serials" but I have been catching up with this. SO far ony seen the pilot and the second episode. Absolutely barmy - and I suspect very predictable. However, that said, very compelling and addictive.

I think of it as The X Files with a facelift. I saw it once but haven't caught it since the pilot.

I really like this series. I never saw it when it first came on, then I went online to www.fox.com and you can watch all of the past episodes, so I did. This is my kinda show. I don't think it is predictable. The science is crazy and I love the mad Dr. He is endearing and scary at the same time.

Yes, the most recent episode (11) is on the website already. I just watched it yesterday. Good pick up. I will be watching the rest of the season.

All right! Thanks, Tickle. Yeah, I watched the first ten episodes on Hulu. I haven't checked back yet. Since it's Fox's show, they'd probably have it first anyway (I assume). Heading over now.

Michael01, so how did you like Episode 11? I just watched episode 12 and it was weird. I liked it.

...really getting tired of middle aged women with their problems or stupid girls with braces working for fashion magazines, or guys breaking in and out of prison the whole time...
You made me laugh. That's why I watch so little TV. It's either that or reality TV, which is even worse! Z-List celebrities trying desperately to make a comeback, but instead looking more foolish than ever.

Since I stopped getting cable (because it cut the station that showed Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Stargate) I mainly watch DVDs of films, and older TV shows. And I read books and I sit here. I've not yet seen Fringe, but heard good things. Hopefully I will catch up with all these shows again when they eventually get shown on UK terrestrial TV.

I love the show. Been watching since it started up. I'd have to say that Walter would be my favorite character, followed by Peter. Not really liking Olivia so much, though.....a bit too serious for my tastes. Walter's awesome, though. :D

Absolutely! Walter is the coolest, and Peter really sets him off with comments like [mild spoiler] "So you're saying my father is Doctor Frankenstein?" Good stuff!

And you're right about Olivia being too serious. Mulder was serious in X-Files too, but his character had quirks that came out occassionally so he didn't seem quite so... "unendearing," I guess? I'm not sure if that's the word I'm looking for...

Walter Bishop is my favourite character too. I love the chemistry between him and Peter. It's a treat to watch the growing closeness in their relationship.

Any thoughts on season 2?