Otherland - ending

Joanna

Hi there,
This may sound a bit lazy but i've just finished the second book in the Otherland series and i don't want to read the next two – can someone please give me a basic run down of how the series ends?
I know that's bad – but i found myself skipping large parts of the second book because it was so slow paced and from what i've read online the next two books are more or less the same. I really really liked the first book though and i just want to know what happens to the characters
Thanks!

Maybe a PM instead? I know I (for one) have a bad tendency to read too far in some threads where I ought to have read the book first, even when warned.....

I enjoyed the series overall and thoguht it was easily Tad's most ambitious work to date. War of Flowers and Memory, Sorrow and Thorn are still his best though IMO.

I didn't like the ending to Otherland, it was too forced and sudden for my liking, almost as if Tad had suddenly realised he needed to make a quick exit from a neverending raod as it were.

Agree with you on those points Gollum, MST is probably his best work but War of the Flowers was quite different and enthralling. Otherland was ambitious and had some great ideas behind it but could have been condensed somewhat. I think he put an amazing amount of research into this novel which was impressive

I would strongly recommended you keep going. I have read many sci-fi and fantasy series, and let me tell you, almost always you don't get moving until once you get past the first half. The entire first half of a series is all set-up with just enough going on to hook the reader in, while the second half is almost entirely the resolution that the reader has been waiting for. If you really can't force yourself to just read the last books (which I know can be a difficult at some times in this series) then I would recommend you get a hold of audiobooks, which will speed you through the remaining two books without sacrificing content. Otherwise just look up the ending online somewhere and risk having them forget about something you were interested in. It's an easy decision IMO, but good luck whatever you choose.