L.E Modesitt

ratsy

I just found the first 4 Recluse novels by Modesitt for cheap so picked them up. Are they a good read?? I went online after buying them and I see that the series has 15 books so far..whew..I like that though. I will always have something to read.

So, you own the books, but you're asking us for an opinion on them?;)

I read the first one. Thought it was okay, but not really my thing. I found the whole "order/chaos" thing a bit overdone/cheesy, but a lot of others seem to like it.

Has anyone read any of his SF? I always thought of him as a fantasy writer, but I heard recently that there are some SF novels out there. Does anyone know if they are any good?

I really enjoy them. They are a light and fun read. Recluse books are one of the few that I buy in hard cover when they come out. I would recommend them if you are just looking for a bit of enjoyment and not an life changing experience.

He also switches things up a bit and writes from both sides of the conflict in the series, fairly interesting and fun.

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/32105-l-e-modesitt-jr.html

There is an old thread floating around (see above)

I've read an awful lot of his works and really enjoyed the Recluse saga. Every time another book comes out I start thinking that he is over stretching the ideas, but then start reading and away we go again!

I really enjoyed the first three books of his spell singer saga, and have read some of his SF which is not quite as enjoyable but still fun.

However his Tangable Ghost books are magnificent, an alternative reality where ghosts exist.

Sounds good...Thanks for the opinions. I am sure I will enjoy them