Question about either season one or season two

kfrank

in season one or two, which regular cast member was asked to play two other parts in the same episode in addition to their normal character? What is the actor or actress' name and the name of the three characters?

Now all I need to know is the name of the episode and if it was in the first or second season.

But Spiner didn't appear as the androids' builder until one of the last few seasons.

And Crosby never played a third character, and her second character, Tasha Yar's half-Romulan (but suspiciously nearly identical) daughter didn't appear in either of the first seasons.

Hmmm... there were "holodeck play-acting" episodes, possession/replacement episodes, a time-travel episode with two Jean-Luc Picards... but all limited to just one two characters per actor per episode... and some actors have played more than one guest character but they weren't regulars and their various guest characters didn't share episodes... even Q pretending to be a crew member for a moment would only get us two characters for that actor in that episode, not three, and I'm not even sure it happened at all... Spiner played the real Data and a few Data-based Holodeck characters in one episode, but that was several seasons too late...

I'd guess that whoever posed this question was thinking of "Masks", in which Data takes on several personas from a database of some planet's mythical figures and plays out an iteration of a cyclical myth of theirs. But that, although it felt like an early season episode, is actually from the final season.

But Spiner didn't appear as the androids' builder until one of the last few seasons.
Delvo is correct. They visit Dr. Noonian Soong's lab in Datalore but the scientist himself has long gone. Only Lore is there in disassembled parts.

There are plenty of 'Holodeck' episodes where several charcters are played by the same person, but not in the first two Seasons. In A Fistful of Datas, Data plays every character!

I think the question is wrong.