[Dresden] "Turn Coat" - due out April 2009

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Turn Coat - book 11 of the Dresden Files, is due to release around April of 2009.

So far, it doesn't look like Jim's got anything planned around that time, but it's still early yet.

The publisher's got 'em releasing about the same time each year. They moved it back about one month each year over several years, but April's been pretty consistent of late.

I'll be looking forward to this. I picked up the series just this year and I became a big fan especially of the latter books.

Nice cover art. Chris McGrath's Dresden covers are really good though I still wonder where that cowboy hat came from.

The hat came from the ppl requesting the covers, I think. Chris said that someone thought Harry wore a hat, so Chris drew Harry w/ a hat and it's kind of stuck.

The nice thing about the hat is that it hides Harry's face, so you don't get a full view of what he really looks like, which keeps the 'draw your own illustrations' part of the story intact.

Just curious but has Jim Butcher ever considered giving Harry a hat? It really goes well with his coat.

Not so far. But I think Harry might catch more flack if he wore a hat than he does now w/ his 'El Dorado' coat. =)

Really looking forward to this, but then I look forward to each Dresden release. I read a blurb of the story on Jim's site and at Amazon and it sound like a good one.

He and modesitt are the only ones I buy in hardcover as soon as they come out.

Haven't found very much discussion on this (11) yet, though.

About time I started rereading the series in prep for the new one :D

I am amazed that the discussion has left out the most interesting, to me, part of the art. Harry is carrying a sword. Is that Amorrachius (sp) that he is carrying? Must wait for book. Must wait for book. sigh!

I didn't get to much from him holding the sword because he has had one for a while now. I kind of thought it might hint that maybe he gives one of the swords to a new owner...(wink)(wink)

I kind of hope so.

You'd have to ask Chris McGrath about it. I'm not sure what input Jim has in the cover art 'stuff', but I'm pretty sure the details get passed to Chris from the publisher, or somewhere. If you can get hold of Chris, he's usually pretty good about answering questions. His website might have contact details and he does sometimes swing by Jim's board. =)

'baited' breath? Little fishy, huh? XD Sorry, just one of those grammar mistakes that makes me laugh.

But, yes, as soon as I found out this one had something to do with Morgan, I couldn't wait. Still have two months to go. Ack!

Morgan hasn't been one of my favorite characters but he is interesting and I find the premise for this one to be very intriguing. Quite looking forward to it.

I thought that Morgan's character was somewhat stereotyped as the rigid fundamentalist of the White Council. He has grown on me in that it seems that he can grow. I too look forward to this alliance between Harry and Morgan. It looks like a lot of fun.

I quite liked Highlander II's statement that there are no minor characters, per se, in Jim's writing. This suggests, to me, that a character that we have considered minor may be the next swordbearer.

I find it hard to believe that Jim will bring in a wholly unknown character to take up one of the swords.

For your reading enjoyment, Jim has provided the first of 5 teaser chapters of Turn Coat! You can read them HERE!

Subsequent chapters will appear, one each week, for the next four Tuesdays! (which should take us almost to the release date of the book)