Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Cayal

The Immortal Prince
Star Wars: Video

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this (or is there and I have gone completely blind).

I like the animations on this new movie. I can't wait to see it.

Good to see us back up and running! Soooo, three episodes have aired so far of the Clone Wars T.V. show, what do you all think, or dare I ask since no-one has posted their feelings on the matter yet. Personally, I like them and it shows a lot of promise. It has been quite enjoyable for me, nice little stories on the sidelines of the trilogies. I especially like the touch with the words of wisdom before each episode that foreshadows what the theme of the episode is about. The animation has a unique style to it that is interesting, the characters are slightly exagurated, but the ships are dead on acurate. The relationship the Jedi have with their clones is also nicely done, making order 66 that much more tragic. Looking forward to more...

I have to admit, I watch every week.

The thing that bothers me the most about the prequels, was the attention they gave to the Padme/Anakin relationship.

The Clone Wars were so vast, and far more destructive than the Galactic Civil War between the Empire and the Alliance. It went on for three years, but only spanned the screen time of a single movie. The Galactic Civil War was in progress before A New Hope all the way to the end of RotJ.

So I can appreciate this show. It also has its very intelligent moments.

Havn't even seen the film yet, as I was in New Zealand when it came out and by the time I got back to the UK it had fizzled out at the cinemas! I really expected it to be on for longer, I'm also looking forward to the live action tv series.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the live action series as well. There is so much they can cover in that 20 year time span between the trilogies that I would be very interested in. The Clone Wars show does have some very intelligent, adult themes in it, just like the movies where a child can enjoy them, and so can adults for different reasons. However, children can pick up on these themes as well, kids are very smart and can understand things so as you don't have to talk down to them for them to get the gist of something. Star Wars does this nicely.
The voices are done well for those that aren't originally from the films, and the humour is great. One danger I see though, is, they are painting such a good picture of the clones, what happens by the time the stormtroopers from the original trilogy come in to play. I mean, the stormtroopers are really not that bright, but the clone troopers are intelligent, funny, brave for the right reasons and clever. Perhaps this could be the subject of one of these future episodes of either series.

Good to see us back up and running! Soooo, three episodes have aired so far of the Clone Wars T.V. show, what do you all think, or dare I ask since no-one has posted their feelings on the matter yet. Personally, I like them and it shows a lot of promise. It has been quite enjoyable for me, nice little stories on the sidelines of the trilogies. I especially like the touch with the words of wisdom before each episode that foreshadows what the theme of the episode is about. The animation has a unique style to it that is interesting, the characters are slightly exagurated, but the ships are dead on acurate. The relationship the Jedi have with their clones is also nicely done, making order 66 that much more tragic. Looking forward to more...

I have only seen the first two episodes (no internet) and I quite enjoyed it. I like the focus it has on other characters as well and what happened aside from what we see in the movies.

Somewhat of a spoiler alert here about last nights episode in which they rescued R2-D2---Wow, that was an incredible show. When I saw the parental warning for content after the first commercial, I knew something was up. I was not expecting the Trandoshan to get it though the heart, though. That was probably the best episode to date. My question is, as I'm sure all the characters are licenced to Lucasfilm, including Asajj Ventress, is there supposed to be a contnuity from the first two 2-D animated Clone Wars series? It looked as if Anakin killed Asajj while still a padawan himself yet she lives after Sky-Guy is a full fledged Jedi Knight in the new 3-D series. It's just a small thing, but I would like to think there has to be some continuity because the 2nd series lead directly into Revenge of the Sith. Anybody have an insight to this, read an article somewhere?

Next week - The Return of Jar Jar. Yeesa haw!

They do a good job on the show. As for Ventress, Anakin thought he killed her, but she's extremely hard to kill and is a huge character in the comics.

There's a Clone Wars comic titled Obsession. The art is fantastic, and the story is just great. It shows sides of Obi Wan I've never seen in anything else, and Asajj is more his rival than she is Anakin's. She also appears in Dreadnaughts of Rendili to take on Kenobi, but that happens before Obsession I think.

One note about last nights episode. Cahhmakt, the Trandosian droid merchant shares his name with the Trandosian leader of the Red Eclipse in Knights of the Old Republic II. For some reason I thought that was really cool.

Obsession, huh? Well, I like the 80's song by that name and the colonge rocks, so I'll have to check out that comic. Thanks for that, C of K.
Master Bombad in the house! Where da Jed-eye?.......sorry, couldn't resist.

I did see the bits and pieces from a while back, when they were just thirty second sequences (or whatever), and I wasn't impressed. I also wasn't impressed by Episodes I and II, though III was OK. But I just saw one episode, and it didn't seem too bad. I'll watch again and keep my mind open.

Have been watching it on Sky and am quite impressed. Lucas stated he wanted to relive the old puppet/maquette style of the Saturday morning 10 minute shows that supposedly aired before a main feature.

As I am not old enough to know exactly what he meant :rolleyes:, I can only agree that he has captured the 'Thunderbird' look with the characters.

The only episodes I have been a little disappointed with was the 2 part episode where Count Dooku (and then Obi-Wan and Anakin) is held hostage.

I just saw the documentary on it, and the documentary was quite boring, actually. A better one would be Empire of Dreams, about the original trilogy.

I've been watching these, as many as I can get to see (still to catch this weeks)

I have really liekd the added depth to the characters, I was very please to see Dooku killing pirates in cold blood in the aforementioned 2 part episode. I agree the clone problem though, at the moment the clones are all friendly and rugged and brave and intelligent, by EP 4 they are all nimwits without the ability to express themselve coherently (or so it seemed) or shoot straight.

Not too keen on Anakin's padawan (is it Akira, or Okira, or something like that?) she's a bit too much of a cute alien, and her arms are just too thin to wield a lightsabre effectively, i'd like to see more of the Sith apprentices, what happened to that bald chick that for Osoka (is that it?) and the other Jedi with hiar/horn things tied back.

What are those hair/horn things anyway?

I agree the clone problem though, at the moment the clones are all friendly and rugged and brave and intelligent, by EP 4 they are all nimwits without the ability to express themselve coherently (or so it seemed) or shoot straight.

I think I posed that question earlier, and I've had some time to theorize an answer. The original clones and next few generations were the best copies of Jango Fett. Perhaps copy after copy after copy deteriorated the original so badly we get stormtroopers. En masse, they can still pose a threat, but are still very disposable. Perhaps also, since the voices are different with the stormtroopers, they are a combination of draftees, recruits or clones of different people to cover the ever increasing territory the Emperor was after. Maybe the Death Star was created to instill so much fear in the star systems that troop conflicts would not matter as much.

Then again, maybe there really is an Imperial Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship with a dimwitted cross-eyed instuctor. In any regards, I hope they cover this in a future show, either animated or live-action.

I believe you may be refering to Plo Koon, who I believe originated from water based planet/environment; so I think his dreadlocks are tentacles.

Actually this is Kit Fisto

kit_fisto.jpg

:)This is Plo Koon, who is from dark and dusty Dorin.

PloKoon1.jpg